1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who NEEDS a plow?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TLS, Dec 21, 2002.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

When all you need is THIS!

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Another, plowing with the bumper!

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Cant get it stuck!

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Great shots:drinkup: . Looked like "plowing with the bumper, the hood, the windshield and the grill.

Who took the pictures? And how did you convince him/her to get out to climb over all that snow in the last one?

Anybody got a spare $80,000 to loan me? I want one of those.
  5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Some pretty amazing shots.
    Is there a story behind these or is it something you found?
    Mark K
  6. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I don't know... I think for 80k you shold be able to plow with the windshield or roof line....

I know of a Hummer setup by (Hartford equipment or hartoford snowplo} ??... it was at connex this year..... runs about 105k...... but don't we all have that kind of spare money.......
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

arrowhead equipment in NY built the hitch for the hummer fisher setup and they ship em to all the millitary instalments that get snow across the country. Hartford truck had the one with the x blade at the truck show this summer.

8. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Personally I'd rather plow with this instead of using my bumper.

hummer pic.jpg
  9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I don't know, if the snow was that deep I think I'd take this:

fair sno[1].jpg
  10. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

before the hummer there was JEEP

Before there was a Ho-hum Hummer, guys all over America used to do that with the lowly Jeep.

I did it with my first Jeep, 1946 CJ 2A with L-head 4 banger and 5:38 to 1 axles,, 7.50 x 16 Firestone snows with chains. Unstoppable, and cheap to keep too.

Canvas top so the snow even came inside the Jeep.

Boy oh boy was it cold in that darn thing!
  11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

What about Power Wagons and Kaiser Jeeps who plows with them. Those are some mean pieces of 4x4 nostalgia that can truly plow some hardcore snow.

12. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Get an old Unimog, much better than the Hummer ever thought about being.

13. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

fordman is that yours....looks nice
  14. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

Fordman now that is a nice vehicle....needs a more "winter" paintjob. Looks like the ones we had in Rhyad

Do you think it's to late to ask Santa for one of those (HUMVEE) for christmas? Hell, I'll even spring for the blade if he could just bring the truck.:D

The "snowblower" is pretty nice to, but I don't think it would fit down our sidewalk. Think maybe it would tear up the neighbors turf at all?
  17. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Now if Santa ( or my wife) wanted to be really really really nice they would give me a Hummer for Christmas.

:D ;) :waving:

Honey did your hear me ????????????????????????
  18. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I wish it was mine. :D
    I just saw the picture somewhere and thougt it looked really neat, maybe one day I'll be able to afford a rig like that but definitly not today. I need to work on thispayupfirst.
  19. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Theres a 95 hummer on ebay with a 8.5 meyers on it the only problem its a gas model.
  20. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member