1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who needs a loader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

XV-2 all the way up. This pile is that tall for 40 feet back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

The v's sure can stack...I have a "v"and a XLS. The XLS is awesome but doesn't even come close to the V in stacking and scraping!

3. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Guys who want to get paid to use there loader to stack! I don't get paid to stack with my truck.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Reminds me of stacking contests we used to have! Honestly though,my skid will stack/push back piles way better than even my 4500 with a 10' fisher mc,and if you saw that thing stack you would bow down in respectfull admiration!Thumbs Up:drinkup: Nice pics,hit it hard!

5. Buswell Forest

from NH

These accounts have all kinds of room to store snow. They would know if I deliberately let snow build up just to bill them for a loader. Besides, because I do a great job with keeping the snow pushed up and the lots wide open they are OK with paying me a very decent wage to do it. I am making very good money with them, and they are very satisfied. Not to mention I don't yet own a loader.
    But I found a real decent 3 yard Dresser for $8500..... Everything works as it should. I am tempted.

6. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

nice piles, but I wouldn't do that with my trucks,
    and neither would my employees, no reason too, use a loader,
    that's what they are made for,
    that's what people should pay for.
    Only beats up your truck.

7. Buswell Forest

from NH

It's not beating the truck up. It isn't like I am hitting the pile at 40mph.

8. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

As long as you're certain your not straining the plow or truck...

I like my loader/backhoe for stacking. I get piles 12'-14' high. Even when it's frozen...not just powder. No strain on the plow frame or joints, or truck frame or suspension.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree.
    A good operator makes all the diffidence.

10. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I've actually seen a lot of guys bringing in loaders on sites that still has plenty of room. I'm a firm believer in there are some sites that should never run out of room for snow. I'm all about jumping on opportunity but I think people are taking advantage of the weather hypers. Not everyone, this thought is local to my area.

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

Local chain supermarket has a company doing snow for them who seems to be juicing them...they have a 14' protech on a 5 yard loader.....but somehow they end up with huge piles way out into the lot...and there is no good reason for it. I know I could spend an extra 10 minutes and never need to bring in 4 triaxles every 3 storms.

12. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

If it starts with an h and ends in d it's part of the contract, after x amount of inches their required to haul off. We usually see a convoy of trucks hauling from them down here.

13. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sometimes the lot owners don't want any snow stockpiled in lot.Quite a few push in piles then move it out and relocate at night.Very common here.Also zoning issues with required parking spaces per sq ft and lease agreements with tenants.

14. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

The bigger businesses I can see, they're bigger picture. Less snow means less black ice when it starts melting, less chance of lawsuit. I'm talking about the guy going to the fire station he plows, the animal hospital, etc...and telling them he's out of room for snow. Maybe he is, but knowing certain sites first hand, I can say it's not necessary.

15. procut

procut Senior Member

I typically prefer expendables over V plows, but a V will out stack them hands down. I remember staking mountains after some big snows last year with my MVP. I know technically there isn't any reason what they can't stack high, but it always makes me nervous, feel like I'm going to break something, especially down by where they hook to the truck.

1556277_586977184706387_843324747_o.jpg

16. Buswell Forest

from NH

No shyte? What a waste of money for them.
    But, a money maker for the contractor I would hope.

17. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't know the details but I'm pretty sure the contracts are all inclusive. Sounds like a painful winter if that's the case.