1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the cheapest plows?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by hondarider94, Jan 9, 2010.

1. hondarider94

hondarider94 Junior Member
    from Indiana

im looking to get a plow for my 2wd 250 recon.. i wont be plowing more than 8" of snow probably. Im looking for a 42" blade, manual lift.. Im going to put 2 sandbags on the back of my wheeler, and maybe chains i think ill do fine

2. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

Umm my friend has a 250 also with a 42 inch moose blade with side shields. giant rock on back but no chains. ive used it a few times and it plows just fine but when u get into the deeper ssnow chains would be nice.

3. hondarider94

from Indiana

i dont think ill have a problem until i get into deeper snow. my dad has a foreman 500 2wd with a 52" state plow and has 2 sandbags on the back. i will get 2 sandbags, and i have 22" mudlites

4. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

ya then u prob wnt have any troubles my friend is running stock tires and doesnt have much trouble. but i did expierence troubles when going up a curb because there was very little clearance once you get the push tubes on.. i would go with moose they make good sturdy equitment and if u dnt want to have to pay for shipping cross country most honda dealers have moose products.

5. hondarider94

from Indiana

are they the cheapest?

6. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

umm not sure..

7. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

if you want Cheap due a CL search for your area and find a Used plow and go that route.

If you want something Good get a Moose and then when you upgrade the quad in a few years you can transfer the Plow to the newer quad.
    or get a CC plow set up and that way your running the same system as your other plow setup.

just my thoughts.

8. hondarider94

from Indiana

i probably wont get a plow.. the only reason id use it is to plow some neighborhood drives to make some extra money.. and my dads has a hard time backing up the drive with 6in of snow

9. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

I dont use my that often but it is nice to have to make some extra money or like you said when u get 6 7 inches of snow it sure cuts time down. we just got 26 inches in one dump on christmas and its nice to stack the snow up n back it away from the drive.

10. hondarider94

from Indiana

yeh, but i dont think i could make that much money because i think i wont be able to back up a drive with 8in of snow

11. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

if you have enough wieght and chains its possible