1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BIGGB9, Nov 26, 2011.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys who makes the best light bar or mini light bar, Whelen, Code 3 , Ecco, Sho-Me etc, LED or Strobe, I know it is a loaded question but I am in the market for a new light. I do have a 18 inch Sho-Me LED light bar and I have sent the light back three time because of burned out lights. The light is only 3 years old. IT IS A PIECE OF ****. I ended up buying a ecco single strobe it works great just want some bigger and brighter. Are the newer LED better, just scared to buy another LED if I am going to have the same problem.

2. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Led's is the way to go...youmjust got old technology and or a lemon of a bar. Most are supposed to be rated for many hours of use.

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Just got the Off Sound mini pinnacle. Love it! Check out Strobes n More. They sponser plowsite. Happy plowing!

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well go buy china lightbars i hear they are the best money for the buck .... LOL ive dealt with WHELEN for 14 yrs ..... mini edge mini patriot mini liberty .. and now i have a full size justice ... cant beat the price and warranty .... just my .002

5. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Yes WHELEN all the way quality built plus ussmileyflag

6. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

If you really want the best, I'd say Whelen is the only way to fly. You are going to pay a bit more, but you trully get what you pay for.

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

whelen, federal signal, code 3. Someone says whelen but the other 2 are just as good truley. Look for a good deal, otherwise you say you want "best" then expect to pay 15 hundred at best. Lowest.

8. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Whelen Liberty is one of the best bars in my opinion. They are time tested and overall one of the brightest bars with lots of features.

9. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

Whelen

Whelen is the Only MFG to get the Full made in the USA label

10. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

X2 for Whelen.

11. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Ok I am going with a whelen I will be putting it on a back rack now what light would you guys pick the whelen mini liberty super led light bar or the whelen full size liberty light bar I can not decide.

12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

WHELEN WHELEN WHELEN. mini liberty or mini responder if you want to spend a little less

13. H&HPropertyMait

I have a responder and they are awesome bars. If you can afford the liberty don't hesitate. Simply amazing.

14. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

That full size liberty is bad ass but is it over kill.

15. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i will try and post a video of my mini liberty tomorrow. if i can remember!

16. H&HPropertyMait

Haha it sure is, mini liberty or responder.

17. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Ok I am going with the mini liberty There is no need for me to look like a tow truck anyway LOL I do only plow snow. If anyone has any pics and videos I would love to see them. Thanks for every ones input.

18. H&HPropertyMait

You'll be very happy with that, local ff has one on his truck and it's pretty slick. Wish I had video for you.