1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes poly V-plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Im deciding which brand I want, who makes them besides Boss and Hiniker?
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I heard snoway is coming out with a new V in july. Sounds nifty.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Western does too..
  5. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Don't forget Boss. They got 'em too.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Boss was already mentioned...but it never hurts to mention them twice. ;)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well this is gonna be the third. I love my poly vee.
  8. Four Seasons

I just checked out sno way, they didnt look that heavy duty but thats just from what I could see on that crapy site.
  9. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

The one I have is my first poly. But, so far, I love it! Snow doesn't stick at all and it cleans up after a storm at the car wash really easy!
  10. Four Seasons

I hear theyre gettin cheap, and not in a good way.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Check out the Hiniker they dropped a ton of weight for the new poly V. We have had great luck with our Hiniker plows easiest on/off IMO. We have 2 9'scoops, 9.5'steel V,and an 8' straight w/wings.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I was just looking at mine the other day and they are built the same way they have been for the past 5 or 6 years. The only thing they changed was the lights, and the cutting edges. From what I know anyway. I know I will NOT buy any other brand but boss.
  13. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Four seasons, i have ran the new 2007 Hiniker v for two years before it came out in 2007 for Hinikers.The new vee is sweet, the trip edge sold me right away since we plow alot of concrete parking lots with expansion joints that are always on the rise. Also the power wing cylinders are sweet for back draging and will not fold forward unless you hit an object backing up, the plow will act as a straight blade, the movement time has increased a few tenths of a second and time is money, i have ran boss and older hiniker v plows and this one is the iceing . If i cant destroy it on my truck and what we plow it has to be good.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  14. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

fourth time cant hurt. you have to put a filter on some of the stories you hear, like i was only going 5 mph and i hit a little pebble and the one wing fell off, which really filters to i was going 45, and hit a small boulder. Boss wesport
  15. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I had the same problems picking a plow.
    I use to own the sno-way straight blade and thought that was the besting ever. Then I wanted to have a vee because I knew that ability to scope would help eliminate the frustration of trail off.

sno-way .. too slow and new version was going to be talked about until late this year.
    boss ... good stuff.
    western ... like the boss but, improved on a few things.

I went western only wish it had down pressure like sno-way too.
  16. Lovethebizz

Lovethebizz Junior Member
    from IOWA

BOSS BOSS BOSS...did i mention boss? They are just my preference!:waving:
  17. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

buy a steel plow. just my opinion. i trashed a poly plow. cant go wrong with the fisher xtreme V. or the regular xblade. best plows on the market.
  18. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

8'6" western mvp the trip edge will keep your teeth in your head:nod:
  19. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Was Boss Mentioned? Boss Boss Boss Boss LOL
  20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

BOSS V-PLOWS all the way.Been running them 6 years now.Nothing even comes close.