1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes blizzard hydro cylinders?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by FIREMEDIC2572, Feb 6, 2014.

1. FIREMEDIC2572

FIREMEDIC2572 Member

Anyone know who makes Blizzard's hydro cylinders? Our selling dealer no longer sells Blizzard and the nearest that actually has parts in over an hour away. Would like to purchase seals and rebuild mine. Any info would be appreciated.

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

PH1 or PH2?

3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Got our last set from buyers.

4. FIREMEDIC2572

FIREMEDIC2572 Member

Douglas gen ph2.. angle cylinders specifically

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

I am pretty sure that Blizzard (DD) builds their own cylinders for PH2. What is the problem that you are having? The only two problems that I have encountered are seal damage due to damaged chrome on rod and broken base end of rod ... neither of these could be fixed with a seal kit. The seal kit runs about $100 ... a complete cylinder is about $180. I suggest replace the cylinder and be done with it. But if that is not an option, let us know if you find an alternate solution.

6. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

there is no rebuilding…. there is only ZHUL

blizzard purposely doesn't offer any rebuild kits or parts for the cylinders separately, so they can jamm you $600 for the part…this is done deliberately…Ive already had two bad ones this season and gone through every option exhaustively… Including having a hydraulic shop rebuild it ….it's STILL $600…might as well have a new one.

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Are yous saying the angle cylinder was $600?

8. bliz&hinikerDLR

I guarantee any dealer in the lower 48 can sell you a 41096 angle cylinder at list price and ship it there for less than half that.

9. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

I was thinking of the price of a wing cylinder...buuuut they have to be similar in price range.

I havent had any angle cylinders go out in 10 years.... soooo ummm HOW much are you paying?

10. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

Like He Said !

………:D………..:drinkup:……….

11. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

I priced them in CT… 457, washington 513…. both would need shipping

two different coasts.

cost 600 here, in town

so how is that half price?

12. bliz&hinikerDLR

So I assume you are talking about the 810/8100 slide box cylinder again. Part number B60237. List price $438.70

FIREMEDIC stated he is looking for PH2 angle cylinders. I assume for an HD or PowerPlow. Part number 41096. List price $186.85

So they are NOOOOTTTT in the same price range. Blizzard price list attached for reference. Point made.

tpendagast, if you had a problem with your wing cylinder, there are seal kits available for it from Blizzard. So there is a little more than ZUHL. If you bent a rod or cracked the housing or steel retract line, then there are no other options than to buy a new one or repair it. But I think if a hydraulic shop says it is $600 to rebuild it, then $438.70 for a new one from Blizzard sounds like a fair price.

P.S. I enjoyed your Ghostbusters referece ... only wish I could have worked in "Gatekeeper" and "Keymaster" in my post.

Attached Files:

13. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

Ok I assumed they were around the same price

Off the top of my head part number is b60207
    And both blizzard dealers said nooooo cylinder seal rebuild kit

The part here is $600
    The shop said they could rebuild it for....$600

I've spent a few weeks on this
    Not a passing phone call

So maybe I need to talk to a Douglas dynamics corp rep to ask why my dealers are trying to snowball me??

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $260 for a complete angle cylinder a month or so ago. Seals went on it. But that dealer is open 24/7 during a storm- can't ask for more than that.

15. Michael Frank

Michael Frank Junior Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles tpendegast. A little background information on the part number you referenced.

The B60207 is a slide box cylinder for a Power Hitch 2 86110LP. This is a double acting cylinder with a very long stroke, to move the wing out and retract. It is a very unique design and much more complex in comparison to a single acting angle cylinder. It is difficult to compare prices of single acting and double acting cylinders, especially in this extreme case of the particularly long stroke. Comparing it to the 8100 slide box cylinder bliz&hiniker referenced it is a bit longer/larger.

Hope this helps.

16. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

Not really… unless you can find a way for me to fix both cylinders for less than $600 each?
    They just have weak/torn outer seal rings…. the rest of the cylinder is sound.

so is there a rebuild kit for these or not?

17. Michael Frank

Yes there is a seal rebuild kit available. The part number is a B63065 (for the B60207) and the price is $55.82. Without knowing the specifics of the plow or cylinder condition I cannot guarantee this will be the end all solution or the exact part to rebuild. You may want to confirm the exact cylinder and plow model.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. Happy to help.

Please note: edited the part numbers, originally referenced the B62037.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  18. Michael Frank

Firemedic apologies for hijacking the thread. Can you tell me the specific plow model and year or more specifically the particular angle cylinder part number? I'll look up the seal kit part number. Blizzard offers many seal kits for the cylinders. And yes they are built in house.

19. Michael Frank

Tpendagast - I mistyped, B60365 is the part number.

20. bliz&hinikerDLR

Blizzard cannot tell your dealer what to sell you anything for ... that is called price fixing and is illegal.

tpendagast and I are the ones that owe an appology. Sorry Firemedic ... but on the good side we are going to get a problem solved for someone else too because of your thread.

The seal kit for a 41096 is a 41097 ... $38.13. I was mistaken on the relative cost of seal kit earlier ... I did not remember correctly.