1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes Belly blades?? Cost??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok well we're looking into getting a couple belly blades... But i dont know what im doing wrong! I cant find any belly blades that go on trucks online! So i was wondering if anyone knew of a specific company who manufactures belly blades...
    All i can find are the ones that go on small tractors. Im looking for one like county size!
    Also anyone know about how much they cost? Thanks!

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

3. Plow man Foster

Thanks buddy i'll have to call MOnre truck monday or tuesday! Found it under under body plows/ scrapers! didnt know there was a difference! !

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Unless you're doing roads; why do you want a belly blade?

5. Plow man Foster

We're Currently plowing 5 Home owner associations (Sub divisions)
    Some of those streets are pretty rough!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  6. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have a guy I buy from his prices have been cheaper than Monroe truck I will pm you with his number when I get to the shop today. Are you looking to buy new or used I have a few guys that can get used ones cheap. just let me know and I will get there numbers to you.

7. Plow man Foster

I think new is prob. good. Do you know if the blade would have to be Customized to fit a GMC4500???

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

The cost to outfit a truck would be High......Also, i would check with Your Local weighmaster......In the State of Michigan any Plow over 8 foot is a Ticket....no matter what angle the plow is carried at.....

The Oakland County Weighmaster loves the to pull over the "Old" County Trucks that are privately owned and write tickets for over sized Plows....The belly Blade on most of those trucks was 11 Foot......

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Not sure where your at in Michigan but call Buck and Knobby equipment. They have a few used belley plows that would need some fab work but im sure they would be cheaper than a new one?

http://buckandknobby.com/

they dont have them on the online inventory but I was there last week and they had two of them

10. BIGWIV

BIGWIV Junior Member

11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Did you find one?

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you need it just for the down pressure to pull up hardpack?

13. Plow man Foster

Yeah we're gonna look for a bigger truck to put it on! Maybe next year!
    for now we're using a Grader! And a $HITLOAD OF liquid!