1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes a Narrow Sidewalk DROP spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Schuley, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Searching for a narrow width DROP spreader for sidewalks. I don't want one of the salt dogg or snow ex ones that are 4' wide. The only narrow one I can find is a Meyer Hotshot-50. Does anyone have experiance with this unit? It is only $130, but I can't seem to find anyone local that knows anything about it. Quality, durability ect...
    OR... Does anyone know of another drop spreader in the 24" wide range?
    Most of our walks are a down and back type situation, so salting both ways isn't an issue. Some of our walks are narrower than the 4' of the other units too...

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Apparently they all suck except for a stainless lesco. This has been covered here et nauseum.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The Meyer Hotshot 50 is the most worthless piece of snow and ice removal equipment I have ever used. I should've known better than to buy something made by Meyer based upon their plow lineup but I figured that it can't be that hard to make a spreader so I gave it a whirl...big mistake.

Ya, it's overpriced by $129.99.

Tell ya what, I'll sell you mine for what I feel it's worth....do you have some extra dryer lint laying around? If so, we've got a deal.

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Epoke.........

5. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I know... I just don't want to spend $1200 on one

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Snowex

I use a SnowEx model and it is not 4 feet wide. It is actually about 38 inches. It works perfectly with the width of a regular sidewalk for one pass,

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

could you just mod. a fert. spreader. seems as tho the salt units are big money