1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Make The Best Back Dragging Plow And Why

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Daner, Dec 20, 2008.

?

What Plow Back Drags the best

Poll closed Jan 19, 2009.
  1. Boss V

14.8%
  2. Western mpv plus

3.7%
  3. Straight blades

18.5%
  4. Other

63.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

:DWhat are the best back Draggers out there these day...Vs? Straights?....attack angle?
    Ability to add a back drag edge...Tell Me what plow back drags the best, from your experience....Brand? Western? Boss...Snoway...fishers.....name It....Lets here It

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sno-Way with their Down Pressure is excellent for backdragging.

3. Daner

The V or there straight blade?

4. KCB

KCB Senior Member

After hearing many good things about the Arctic plow partner I got one and now I dont worry about how well I can back drag with the front blade.Wish I had it years ago:dizzy:

But.the only thing that makes a difference is the angle of the cutting edge and #weight of the plow.

5. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree with him Daner, and you know yourself how well the Partner works, but I was actually pretty impressed at how well my Blizzard Speedwing works for back dragging, it stays down good, doesn't float much.

6. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

It may be a little off of what you are looking for but the Hiniker C-plow will plow backwards better than anything I have ever tried. Of course its made to do that.

7. Daner

Yes thats seems to be the problem ,when the blade floats over the snow...The Plow Partner Is the king of back dragging...But I was wondering more about the front plows Like the new Western Wide Out,,,Speed wings...Bosses,Snoways etc.

I also agree that the attack angle and weight of the plow make a big difference

BTW... Nice new Massey You got there...

8. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Hiniker C-plow

9. Daner

I have never tried a HiniKer/c ...But I hear they are designed for back dragging

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My Westerns back blade well but nothing is going to back blade that packed stuff. If people have driven over it you are going to be in trouble.

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

This year I am plowing with a Hiniker C-plow. Very good for backdraging.

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

dainels will peal it right up....

13. jbone

jbone Senior Member

Are there any "angles of attack" so to speak, that you guys could suggest? Im sure its dependant on the situation, but any general rules of thumb?

14. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Hiniker C plow. Will scrape down to pavement. Only bad thing it might wake up the neighbors, its kinda loud when in the folded position. It will also drag entire drives out without lifting. My Speedwing does alright for about 10' then starts riding up, my C plow will pull back lots of snow before riding up.

15. Daner

Any pics of your C Plow?...In Action

I should have added Snoways In the poll, sorry I forgot

16. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

apples to oranges... straight plows should always back drag better than a v. of the v's some are better than others for back dragging. then there are back drag kits put on regular plows, and plows specifically made for back dragging. Personally my sno-way 28v sucks at back dragging, but i think its because of the cutting edge on the center pivot tower

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i just tried a hiniker c-ploe out for the frst time this week and its a back dragging monster, it will def wake the homeowners up as it scrapes right down to bare pavement. its hands down the best plow for back dragging.

18. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I also have a c-plow for the residential run, definately the best plow for back dragging.

19. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

Purchased a Hiniker c-plow this year and love it. I will agree with everyone else on how well it works for back dragging and, yes it will wake the neighbors, but who really cares about them? I will try and get some pics of mine in action.