1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who made this snowplow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by davbell22602, Dec 18, 2010.

1. davbell22602

davbell22602 Junior Member

Hi Everyone I'm new from Virginia. I want to know made this snowplow.

I know it has a black cable on it like you would see on a lawnmower that was cut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Good question and it looks like it's upside down. It looks like it might have attached to a loader.

3. davbell22602

So its not one that goes on pickup?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe a big truck from the 1940's, but I'm going to say no. Put it on a tractor for your property only or scrap it for beer money.

5. davbell22602

Why scrap it? I'll have my body and paint guy sand blast it and paint. By then maybe i found out who made it and what went to. I dont drink either.

6. timtpa

timtpa Member

That particular model is made by Jones Brothers Ag and is circa 1950-1965.
    When you find them they usually come in the colors rusty and rustier! it is a well made, but heavy plow that is almost impossible to find parts for.Check ebay for parts

7. timtpa

timtpa Member

It IS NOT upside down in the pic! It is designed to work like the Hiniker C-Plow minus the hydraulics

8. davbell22602

I need brackets to hook it to a 3/4 ton pickup truck.

If its not upside down then whats those feet like things on the corner on each side of the blade behind it in the first picture?

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

"Scrap it for beer money" is just a figure of speech. Scrap it for chocolate milk money then or something. :laughing:

Make sure you post some pics after your body guy paints it and it's on your truck.

10. davbell22602

Thanks for the Help. If anyone knows if any of the other brands will interchange in parts on this one let me know. Thanks again!