1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who loves thier 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jpocket, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

The more time I spend in it the more I love it. I just seem to like the truck better with time. It's my first new vehical (just turned 5300 miles).

I can't wait to put a nice Western plow on it even though it's my personal vehical.

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Wouldn't trade trade my 05 for any other same sized truck out there.

11,000 miles and counting.

3. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i love my 05 i have 3500 mi and its hypertech programed. I love it. Carrys my 8.6 Boss great.

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I love my HD. It's an 01 and runs great!!

William

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I'm on my second one, this one is a ext cab. The best part is I work for GM at the full size truck plant in Pontiac MI. Builder of the best World Class Quality Trucks in the World, and winner of the JD POWERS BEST IN HD CLASS FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION 2005. Yes I'm proud of the guys and girls that work their butts off everyday build them GM trucks:drinkup:

Regards Mike
    Proud to be a member of UAW Local 594

6. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

I also love my HD, 300hp 6.0L has enough grunt to pull my 22' corn pro with a gross weight of 15,800 no problem. Excellent snow pusher with my 8'2" Boss poly V. Would like to have a Diesel though, but the 7K option is worth alot of gasoline!

7. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Yeah, I love mine also. It pulls my trailer without a problem and plows great with my Boss 8 ft. tripedge.

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I love my HD! 03' Reg Cab D/A here and I can't say enough good things about it!

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Absolutely love it! Everyday that goes by, i think to myself that i couldnt have made a better purchase! ::knock on wood:: 1,250 miles:rolleyes: and hopefully many more! (if it ever snows!)

10. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

.Hey 06HD

How about a pic of that nice new shiny 06?

Did they change anything from 05?

11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Love my '04

Bought it new 3-1-04 and today it only has 8864 miles on it!

Coming up on 2 years of ownership, and I'll likely only have 10K miles on it by then!

Having a tight lawnmowing and snowplowing route really helps keep the miles down, and having other cars to drive during non-work times is nice too.

12. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I Love Mine Too!

I got it this year, It's a 2003 2500HD D/A. I just ordered a Edge Juice W/ Attitude so that ought to spice things up a bit.

Have a Safe and Prosperous New Year!:drinkup:

Jason

13. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

This is my second 2500HD also. Had a 2002 GMC xcab 4x4 sb 6.0L/4.10. and that was a really good truck. Needed a bigger cab and got a bigger engine while I was at it. This crew cab is even better!

No problems with either except the Allison NSBU switch replaced 2 months ago on my current truck. 50k miles on the xcab, now 74K on the crew cab.
    Either one will push the 9' MM2 easily (800#in the bed). The current truck with the 8.1L/Ally pulls our travel trailer up northeastern mountains with ease.

Keep feeding them gas and they run like champs. Just wish I had the long bed for a larger tank.

Have a happy New Year's and a great '06.
    John

14. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

2005 2500HD 6.6 Duramax 8'2" V Boss

This thing is fast!!! Compared to the 96 & 93 (may it rest in pieces). Pulls 5000lb mower trailer all summer,plows all winter and carries a Bobcat 463 in the trunk (but not all at the same time) With air and cruise control its a nice long range cruising vehicle for open highway running

15. Antnee77

from RI

Go easy with the Juice, it'll creamate your tranny if you crank it up! You'll love it, I'm sure!

16. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Honestly the stock 6.0 w/4:10 locker is very powerful IMO. The thing has more guts than any truck i've driven (except a diesel). All my other truck with 350's are just gears when you put them under aload. That 6.0 has serious power from idle to 4,000 rpms. Unless your racing it I can't see using any power adders, outside of intake and exhaust. Even when your towing pumping up the juice is only gonna make you hotter, and could cook your motor and trans.

I'll agree that the older stuff stock 350's and 454's needed alittle help, but this newer stuff seems to be "setup" from the factory.

17. Antnee77

from RI

Oh yeah, the 6000 Vortec with the 4.10s in the rear are a great setup. I still prefer the Duramax by a long shot, but for thousands less, you can't go wrong with the 6.0.

18. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

How about from 2,500 to 5,600 (or more) :nod: :D

Thats 3,000 rpm of power band. Not too many engines can do this.

19. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Best trucks on the road. My 2005 hd has 32000. The 6.0 4.10 is the way to go.

20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Havent grabbed any pics yet. But soon as i do ill make some posts. As for any changes from the 05's, nothing with the exterior. But i got the LS package with the Xcab and from 05 to 06 the LS package lost the
    .compass in the rear view
    .the polarized rear view
    .the leather wrapped steering wheel
    .heated mirrors
    and i think something else but cant remember now. Of course those are options on the 06 but i believe they used to come standard on the 05 LS. Makes no diff to me though. The truck still does what it was built to do!