1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who is using a TGS07 spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bhmjwp, Feb 13, 2014.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thinking of buying one. How it working for your applications? Do you have any problems site to site when loaded with salt? Normally I don't run site to site wit salt, but this unit looks like it could handle it.

Any info is appreciated!

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I've spread about 14 yards of bulk and a couple of treated sand with mine so far this season. So far so good it has been a good investment for us. I have filled the hopper a couple of times and then drove to the job 5-6 miles with no issues. I wouldn't load it and then go plowing but for running to a job then spreading it's not a problem. I usually fill or top off the hopper at the job out of my tote. If you mound it at the top with out locking the lid it will hold 1,000lbs.

3. Bjorn

Bjorn Junior Member

I bought mine in beginning of December 2013. I have run maybe 16-17 yards of strictly salt through it. I really like it. Seems like a very solid unit. It does spread mainly to the drivers side. I have also reversed the spinner guard as it was affecting the spread quite a bit. Way better now. No issues with salt in the unit going from site to site. No complaints at all with mine. If you meed more info let me know.

4. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

Be careful running bulk especially with the stuff we get now. The is no screen on top like on the salt dogg v box so if a hard clump of salt gets in the auger and jams you will empty the hopper by shovel. How do you think I know this?

5. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Might be an easy aftermarket add on to DIY, maybe some wire grate.

6. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Mine came with a grate on top. If yours didn't come with one you could order it. Part no.3018781 ,it sits right on the bumps molded into the inside of the hopper about an inch from the top.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thanks for the info guy's! Between here and the net I have searched this to death. Mostly all positive comments. I have always been an Snowex 575 guy, three currently running. But between price and parts cost Snowdogg is inviting. I ordered 1 and will give it a try.

No bad comments about Snowex-but parts and not simple to dismantle make trying something else worth while.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Ours has a grate on top also. We load it up at the beginning of the event at our staging area and he hauls the salt around until the end of the event. Never had any other problems other than driver backing into things. Even this has only cracked the lower chute.