1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who is this guy??? He solicits me ?!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tommy10plows, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Look what I get in the e-mail today, Who is this guy, he says he has been in the business since 1963, so that's 47 years. Add to that a driving age of say, 17, that would make him 64 years old. Should I believe it? It reads as follows:

****************************************************************************************************

"Thanks so much for allowing us to give you this great opportunity to take advantage of our low rates for power sweeping and/or snow removal.
    Below is our time & material costs for Parking Lot Power Sweeping and/or Snow Removal Services.

I also wanted to tell you a little about who we are and how we operate.

I've personally been providing power sweeping and snow removal services since 1963. We are committed to maintaining the price levels that we have had for the past 10 years. We also never charge travel time as some of our competitors do. We utilize over 900 Power Sweepers, 500 snow plow trucks, 330 hand laborers, 59 salt/sand trucks, 52 skid steers, 48 loaders and 34 dump trucks/dump trailers.

We are also excited about implementing a "Crew Tracker" software this season which will create a more "real time" approach and accuracy to billing. As an added bonus, we provide Weather Works services to all of our snow removal clients, which provides emailed up-to-date weather reports from the actual zip code of each site, not from the airports. They also provide detailed storm overviews and accumulation totals from certified meteorologists. This helps take the guess work out of all your potential storms.

Once we receive a signed agreement our process starts by walking your entire site, mapping out traffic patterns, curbs, fire hydrants, and other hazards that might not be so evident under a foot of snow. When a storm is imminent, we're on the job 24/7, monitoring meteorological data and standing by with the necessary equipment and manpower to handle anything Mother Nature can throw at us.

We are also offering to waive the $100.00 minimum charge to all new clients that sign with us during the month of November.

Per Hour Power Sweeper Truck - $85
    Per Hour 4x4 Driver/Truck with Plow/Spreader - $99.00
    Per Hour Driver/Bobcat - $125.00
    Per Hour Driver/Skid Loader - $135.00
    Per Hour Driver/3 cu yd Loader - $195.00
    Per Hour Hand Laborer - $39.00
    Per Hour Laborer with Snow Blower - $49.00
    Per Hour Driver/Quad-ATV with Plow or Walk Behind Snow Pusher - $65.00
    Per Ton (Ice Control) Bulk Rock Salt - 139.00
    Per Ton (ICE CONTROL) Bulk Sand - $99.00
    Per 50lbs (Ice Control) Bagged Rock Salt - $19.00
    Per 50lbs (Ice Control) Bagged Calcium Chloride - $29.00
    Per Hour Driver/Dump Truck - $149.00
    Per Hour Driver/Tractor with Loader - $189.00

We look forward to working together with you and continuing a mutually beneficial relationship between our companies. In the meantime, should you need or want any additional assistance please feel free to contact me at XXXXXXX@gmail.com .

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX
    Account Manager

www.XXXXXXXXXXXRemoval.com

*********************************************************************************************
    Plowmen, I have seen these solicitations before. I just never thought I would be a recipient of one. Kind of funny actualy.

Great web sites and fancy solicitation letters do not a plowman make. Everybody in the NFL has the same playbook, but it is execution that makes the difference. Every storm gives you another opportunity to prove your reputation, either in a positive or negative light. Price is a factor, but quality is more important.

Best of luck to all of you this season, Do your prep work now. Get your equipment ready, including your snow chains.

Tommy10plows

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds pretty legit to me, and the rates seem better than a lot I have seen this season.

3. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

He left out the part that he was in China.

4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Who is this guy? I'm guessing there was a name on it... let us in on the name and maybe we can tell you more.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

His rates are good but his salt price is way too cheap.

6. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

There is one for skid loader price and bobcat. I thought they were the same.

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

wow, i wish i could get rates like that

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

ether its all made up or they have made some really good moves to be able to have 1143 pieces of equipment and 330 hand laborers plus all the drivers that's some serious $$$$ so im going to go with FAKE

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Wish I could get the email...just so I could **** with him........lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  11. snowescape

snowescape Junior Member

How did he get your email address? I'm guessing it's some sort of scam with those tall tales of how much equipment he has.

12. kikengrass

kikengrass Junior Member
    from Alb, NY

Some of his BS sounds like a copy of the Brickman web site explaining their snow removal services. What a shyster

"Once we receive a signed agreement our process starts by walking your entire site, mapping out traffic patterns, curbs, fire hydrants, and other hazards that might not be so evident under a foot of snow. When a storm is imminent, we're on the job 24/7, monitoring meteorological data and standing by with the necessary equipment and manpower to handle anything Mother Nature can throw at us."

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  13. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

some nice padded rates he's got going on there...must be nice

14. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

That Mr. 10 percent about 10 percent of that E-mail is right. And that would be your info!

15. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Ok, seriously folks... For a larger contractor it really isn't an unreasonable amount of equipment to list, considering most of it is owned by dozens and dozens of subs.

16. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

It is just funny to me, I really did start in this industry in the 1960's. I don't know too many else who make that claim.

Okay, okay. I wasn't going to post this but what the heck.

Here is the sender and the company represented:

Eric Smith
    Account Manager

www.SuperiorSnowRemoval.com

Enjoy.

Regards,

T

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  17. salt guy

salt guy Junior Member
    from USA

they own nothing. I know them. Duke Realty tried them out last year in Cincinnati. Their sub did a pretty good job. They did not get the account back this year. Another USM.