1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who is the most accurate futurecaster in your area?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by scott browne, Oct 25, 2004.

1. scott browne

scott browne Banned

Name, city and state please.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

All weather forecasters/metorologists are full of s---! I've never seen one who could predict the weather for the next day or week let alone a whole season. In my opinion, the old boys around town are better at predicting weather using how fat the squirrels are than the weather people with all that fancy, expensive, waste of taxpayers money equipment. :angry:

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I agree with Boss..

Local weather people said it was going to be 60, cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon today..

It got up to 50, and rained all day..

that forecast was given at 6:30am this morning..

It's ridiculous :eek:

4. The Boss

Thanks Quality, I know I'll have a loyal following on this one. :D

5. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i dont watch the weather on tv. i get my weather from the weather bug online. it seems to be pretty accurate suprising as that may be.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't use an individual expert as scott browne claims to be. I make my own observatons, and i think the best for weather around here is by far New England Cable News. Next favorite is weather.com, both are accurate. I for one think the majority of meterologists do an excellent job forcasting events. They always nail the rain snow line for my area usually about 2 days out. The forecasted high and low temps are usually dead on, especially lows. And in the case of weather.com, temps/weather is predicted in every single town in the U.S.A. and vaires (usually correctly) from nerby town to nearby town. they are usually pretty damn close when they say snow starts at 2 PM, its usually snowing by 3. Two winters ago i was told by a meterologist that i know to expect 75" of snow in my town that winter, i measured 77", this past winter he was about 8" off. Some meterologists are wrong but good ones rarely are, the meterologists are up against nature which will never be completely understood by anyone and usually does what it wants. Weather forecasting is a pretty amazing thing when you think of it and to even be able to tell us when to put our plows on is an accomplishment.

7. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

If I want to know the weather, I look out the window.

8. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Just a thought to ponder. How many other occupations besides meteorology can you be dead wrong 80% of the time and not lose your job?

9. The Boss

Being the president of the United States. :nod:

10. cja1987

LOL. Except this one has been wrong 99% of the time :nod: hopefully he looses his job in a few weeks.

11. The Boss

The only political views I have is that Ted Nugent should be president. :nod:

12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

just as a FYI guys this isint Scott Brown from WTOL in Toledo! :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

13. The Boss

I was wondering what you figured out Nate?
    Sounds like we have an imposter/spy. :cool: :gunsfiring:

14. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I dont think that any selfrespecting weatherman would want to put up with the abuse some of us seasoned veterans would give them after seeing them ruin our days with bad forcasts

15. The Boss

Deliverance! :drinkup:

16. cja1987

Ha ha, nice work nate :drinkup:
    I don't think we will see "scott brown" again, some people are just really bad liars, we could tell from his first post that he was lying, its very obvious.

17. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Nate, I tried to e-mail and pm you all weekend as I had a note written to the real scott browne(brown) also. I never sent mine once I saw you had done it. We both had our suspicions. Sorry marge, you're busted, we were on to you from the beginning.
    Oh, I plow snow and I have a dog named Flake.

18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

yea I knew it was BS because 11 dosent have "tripple dopplar 11,000" 13abc has 13,000 and 11 has "Storm track Doppler" and 24 (who I watch) has "Pinpoint tripple doppler"

if anyone needs to get ahold of me my personal e-mail address is ncls484@gmail.com thanks

Nate~

19. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good work, Nate. I didn't figure any professional person would put out the garbage he had; particularly over his given name. But I'm glad you checked with Mr Brown. Now post that email under any more postings this guy makes. What I'd really like to see is a lawsuit for "defamation of character".

20. scott browne

scott browne Banned

Sorry guys, I just idolize him. Sometimes I get bipolar and just want to futurecast. marge is a jackass, I agree.