1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Is Starting To Get Ready ?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LAB INC, Oct 22, 2007.

1. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Hey Guys Who Is Starting To Get There Snow Plows And Stuff Ready For The Winter ? I Have Not Even Took Look At My Stuff Yet Its Been In The 80s Hear In Nj. Its Really Starting To Make Me Mad I Hope We Don't Have A Year Like Last Year. Well Let Me Know It Seems That Ever One Is Telling Me We Are Not Going To Get Snow To Feb Looks Like I'm Going Not Get Ready Yet!!!!
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Next week

Well I'll be making a trip to Alabama this week and when i get back I'll start checking out the equipment, seeing how I still have to wire in a switch for my 575 salt spreader.
  3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Equipping the truck and getting anxious !!
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Been getting ready for about a week now, I don't like getting caught with my pants down. It's alot less stressfull when your ready to go. Just sit back and wait.
  5. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

I have all my plows and sanders all set to go. I just need to mark my properties. Can't wait for the snow to fly.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Been cutting grass. But I did look at it while i walked past it.
  7. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

got the plow ready over the weekend put strobes in about 8 weeks ago dropping the truck off wend for a 4'' lift because i have a broken rear leaf and so i said f-it 200 more for the lift than new rear springs and level kit

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Been ready sence last spring. Well not really. Just finished making my plow stakes, and just greased the plow the otherday. Also getting my route all planned out so i am not running all over town to do a property that I might have missed. When do some of you put your plow stakes in. Last year the only place i staked out was after the snow was already on the ground. It wasn't my fault, the guy that had it got fired from the job. I was thinking not this weekend but the next.

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have done a few things but im not doing anything big until Nov 19th. Thats the day ill get my plow fluid changed and be putting the mowers in storage. I cant wait for that day
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I never stop getting ready for plowing. I'm totally obsessed with it and my only wish is that I could do it full time year around. The only reason I do repossession is because I can't plow 7 days a week.

Last year I thought about driving out to Buffalo, NY during one of their huge storms just so I could get some plowing in...the only reason I didn't go is because my insurance was only good here in MN (that's since been changed :D )
  11. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Where? 4WheelParts?

I was in there last weds. picking up backup lights for my truck and my friend who works there was on the phone with someone asking about lifting a truck with a plow, was it you?
  12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I been working on accounts since, June

Went over all the pumps, worked on the trucks.

The only things I need to do yet is, 2 new cutting edges, oil changes, stake my lots and hook up plows.

I order salt today.
  13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I am starting to get three trucks ready at once...what a pain in the @ss.

When those three are done I will do the remaining trucks and then the blowers and support equipment...

Today was 80 degrees here in Jersey...nobody wants to renew their contracts yet!
  14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I started digging stuff out during the rain last week.

Plow 1 needs New cutting edges. Plow 2 needs washed off. Plow 3 Needs lots N lots of love. Plow 4 gets mounted first of next week and plow 5 well who knows.

Pushers 1 and 2 are ready to roll

Salt spreader 1 is ready to go Spreader 2 is as well. But # 3 isn't even here yet. New SnowEx dump box model.

I have to still get new trucks wired for extra lights. Get my Bagged Ice melt, Build a new salt Bunk, and Get my bulk Salt.

The one crappy thing about getting ready to go, is the freaking mess I make when I have to dig stuff out of the shed. Next rain day I am going to move all my summer equipment to another storage area and have all my on site storage ready for snow.
  15. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 Member

I am getting concerned... I have a lot to do in preparation but I am up to my eyeballs in leaf cleanups and landscape installs. You just gotta take advantage of all the work that comes to you in these last few weeks of the season. All I've had time for is thinking about it; but I think its about time I get to work on my gear.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

No one is wanting to renew or sign up quite yet. Seems as though its too warm. How about some global cooling damn it. Getting ready end of this week.
  17. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

i was talking to a guy yesterday in the store and got prices they were about 250.00 more than a local guy so i took it to the local guy the shop is Turner Automotive in columbia station he has a 99 350 10'' lift ,38's and about 800 hp in a diesel its silly!
  18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Im making myself wait until Nov 1st to uncover the plow. Im anxious now, but if i get it ready ill be even more anxious. I cant wait for it to get colder, im sick of this 80 degrees. Ive had all my xmas trees ordered since late august!
  19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Already got my quad all set up with a plow and light. Had to change a boot on the quad this weekend. Next weekend I have to change the motor oil and gear oil in it. Have to Flush my tranny in my truck sometime and change oil in my truck. Can't wait for snow!
  20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Atv all ready. Kubota in the working state will be ready to go in about a few weeks. Truck all good to go. just need to get plow out of backyard. Hooked up light a couple nights ago.