1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who is right?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by xjeep25, Sep 3, 2008.

1. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

I know someone here works for SNOWAY plow, mabye you can be helpful. Thw Snoway website says that a MT 6'8" plow will fit my 2001 jeep cherokee, I called my local dealer and was told that that plow is no longer available. Who is right?

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

its not available anymore they still have it on there site because some dealers still have them in stock....

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nbenallo is right the factory no sell them no more. They are still available though certain dealers with old inventory. I'll have Kim make a couple phone calls tomorrow and see what's left where.

What about used?

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

xjeep,

Since you don't have enough posts to use the PM feature send me an email tom.obrien@snoway.com and I will see what I can do to assist you in locating a plow for your Jeep. I can't promise anything as we no longer produce this model and application but I might be able to locate one that could be shipped to a retailer near you.

Thanks for your interest in our products.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i have the mount for your jeep but all i have is a 7.6mt.. i dont have a 6.8

6. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks for the quick info, my dealer is going to try and locate a setup for me ( Expert Tech Automotive, in Cleve. OH. ), however I may try and buy one from Basher if he has one, my dealer is making me a little unsure, he can't give me a price cause he said if anybody has one he does not know what the will charge for it. He said they may chage full retail or a little more because it is a dicontinued model.

Do you know why the MT is no longer made? Have been told sno way stopped it because there were a lot of frames and mounts breaking because the Jeep XJ is a unibody and it flexed too much and caused to many probs.

I am looking into used, FesterW is going to send me some pics of his 18DX, What are the specs. on that anyway? height, width and stuff.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Got a Poly edge for the blade? that's the hot set up, XJ, YJ, TJ, 7'6" MT with a poly wear edge and a set of timbrens.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

That is a nice set up basher. :cool:

Nick did the hard part in locating the subframe, I do know of some retailers that have the MT with a 6'8" blade in stock also. Let us know if we can help.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow what a response time...you guys are like calling 911 for snowplows....Good job!:waving:

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

yeah we got a good snoway team here dont we.... :salute::waving:wesport

11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i dont think your gonna like that 18DX. JMO

12. xjeep25

xjeep25 Junior Member
    from ohio

The 7.6 is alot of plow, 470 -500 lbs. that not too heavy? If you haven't guessed this is going to be my first plow, I know the air bags are a good idea, is that just to maintain ground clearnce with the plow on? My jeep is lifted 3 inches over stock, will I still need them?

That really was some fast reply time

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah I have a couple of 80" MT blades in steel and Poly but I'm a long way away there are probaply some closer

That's because.... We're SNOWAYMEN........... ROFLMAO

Lord I hate those ads. But want one of those crush caps.

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

snowaystem.jpg

15. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the 7.6 is probably too much plow for that jeep... and a 3" lift im not too sure if that is too much lift for the plow it should be but pics would help

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't have spec sheets on the older models readily available. I do know the unit is 18 inches high.

17. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The MT Series was replaced a few years ago by the new and improved 26 Series. It did not have anything to do with any problems that we experienced with the MT Series, it was a very reliable plow and well accepted in the marketplace. Like most manufacturer's in any industry, Sno-Way is constantly striving to make improvements to it's products and the 26 Series offered several improvements over the MT Series. I hope that this clears up any misconceptions that you might have been told about why the MT Series was discontinued. Thank you for considering our products.

18. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Check with Buckeye Power Sales in Blacklick, OH @ 614.861.6000. They have (4) MT Series Power Packs in stock, they can also get a 5'-9" Blade from Sno-Way (they don't have any 6'-8" blades and the 7'-6" is too big for that vehicle. I think that we can pull it all together for you if you are ready to proceed with purchasing this unit. We'll do our best to make it happen for you.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need at least a 6'8" blade. and IF you go with the poly wear edge you can go 7'6":D

5' 9" is way to small for that truck, angled the blade would only be 61" you'd be ridiing over the snow with you rear wheels.

20. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

im glad you cleared that up :rolleyes: