1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who is plowing with a SRW Flat/ Platform Bed?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rusty_keg_3, Oct 10, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Looking for pics of Single Rear wheel flatbeds, im redoing our 09 Chevy Silverado 3500HD that got totaled in the tornado that took my bros house, and our shop along with all of our mowers, and equip...

Its got a 8' 2" Boss Poly V Plow that needs a little work... We got the glass installed, new fender on its way, still looking for a bed...

Please post any pics, and advice, ohh, what brand ur bed is too!

Thanks!!!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

clapper just did his ford f250 with a homemade flat bed. it looks great

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I plow with a SRW flatbed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

not to derail the thread, but 02powerstroke, that truck is simply amazing.i hope to get a flatbed like that for mine soon.

rustykeg-goodluck to you and your brother..sorry to hear that your things were taken in a tornado

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i was thinking how cool would that look with a ectoskeleton of a box made out of the same alum.

7. 02powerstroke

I forgot to mention that the aluminum is a pain to keep that shiny so if you a low maintenance kinda person you might opt for a steel one

8. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Yea, i was thinking the same thing... Aluminum looks nice, and is lighter... But

Its a 1 ton, so we could use some weight back there, and my other bro has a newer Pete quad axle dump (big one) with a aluminum bed, and i used to wash his trucks, and it was a pain to keep it looking nice...

And steel is cheaper...

Nice truck by the way tho, looks slick...

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

10. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

nice job tj you are a good welder imo you probably made your boss look bad hahaha

11. Chris Leonard

Chris Leonard Junior Member

We built a flat bed for our truck this spring. It works pretty good as it is easy to load and has a lot more room. Here are two pictures I had on my phone of it.

flat bed.jpg

flat bed 2.jpg

12. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

If you do a steel flatbed, I think you'll find that the flatbed weighs more than the stock bed. I thought I read in one of your other posts that you have a sander for this truck as well, if that is the case, you'll have more than enough weight in the back.

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

1991 dodge w250 cummins

[​IMG]
    sorry about the awful quality phone pic

14. 02powerstroke

don't blame the camera for it being a dodge

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

:D:D:D

Nice looking Ford '02. I've always thought that you have one of the best looking flatbeds.

16. randomb0b123

from america

watch your mouth mr shortflatbedmytrucklookslikeithasdownssyndromeimjealousbecauseidriveaford

17. 02powerstroke

lol yup jealous that's the word I would use :laughing:

18. randomb0b123

from america

i totally understand id feel the same way if i drove a ford. people swap cummins into broken powerjokes very often, have yet to see a dodge with one of those silly poorly built international harvester things under the hood:D:D:D:D

19. 02powerstroke

Yeah nothing pegs my jealousy meter to 10 like an outdated truck with a whooped out outdated plow on it man I'm just signing off for the night before it gets the best of me.

20. randomb0b123

from america

yup its an outdated truck with an outdated plow its the worst riding noisiest big ugly smelliest truck ive ever ridden in....... but it will outpush a silly powerjoke without breaking a sweat :D