1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who insures you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Jan 10, 2002.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

WHATinsurance agency (for snowplowing) are u with and how much do u pay per year of 6 months? Also what is outlined in ur policy?
  2. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I have ERIE insurance. It's the best price i found for what i need for my co. policy covers landscape co. and snowplowing. 2 million dollar policy. the more employees, the more cost goes up. i pay about $ 145.00/ month for 8 months. shop around and discuss your needs for best policy and price.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

We have shopped around just to get someone to take us, for snow only. Its a full year policy, they wont let you cancel after 6 mos. I currently have autoowners. Work comp and 1mil/2mil gen liability is about $2500 per year.

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

State Farm with a 1 million/ 2 million policy for $366.00/year for snow removal only. just signed papers yesterday. i have several other policies with them and they are great.
  5. RB

RB Senior Member

Our insurance is w/Nation Wide. In my opinion they stink. Maybe they don't stink, but my agent sure does. When I call her it seems that before I get a sentence out of my mouth she interrupts and say "it's not covered." I end up having to call the headquarters and get some a$$ who wants to put me on tape before we discuss anything.

I kept them because I needed a 2M policy. Now I only need a 1M policy. I have auto insurance w/Geico and they seem good. Does anyone have GEICO for biz insurance and how are they?

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Farm Family charges me $278 for 6 months for $1 million coverage.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i pay $600 a yr with nationwide w/ 1 million coverage i think.