1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who in the northeast is ready to sell the plow? I AM!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeAdZoNe, Dec 18, 2010.

1. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

I am sure I am in the same boat as all the other people in the new england area but this is going for some sort of record. I am tring to think back the last time we didnt have snow by x-mas? Anyone remember? 99' was that ice storm, I think it was before that. I guess its my own fault I got the sanders running in august, painted and serviced the plows in october, Hell I even wired up the wifes 3/4 ton so we could hook to an 8 foot blade out back! With this last system being a bust I am pretty much out of options as I need to start selling stuff to get next months money flowing again. Maybe I should move! I could just scream!!! Look for a sweet deal on a bobcat on craigslist i guess! :rolleyes:
  2. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

well dont move to NJ, not better here. Snow will come oh yes it will come!
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

what a change, you guys havent had anything and we have had our snowiest month ever on record. we are already at half of our record snowfall for tthe season.
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Tell me about it...
  5. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Send snow east
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

come to ND. Its been crazy this winter so far. We have been moving snow for a month with no breaks.
  7. i was very disappointed when i woke up to the weather man saying we will not be getting any snow this weekend. we went from getting possiably hammered to not even a flurry

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yes i'm dissappointed also, i mean if were getting an inch we could get an ice control out of it, but nothing just sucks, these damn stroms are going to far east or too far to the south.
  9. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thank goodness for seasonals this year... hopefully you guys have a good mix of per push and seasonals........
  10. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I wish i did.. NO ONE in my area pays a seasonal price. I have been trying to get one for two years and no one is willing to pay for it because they say it is stupid in-case we have a winter like this. everything i have is per push so i am REALLY hurting right now.

I agree with everyone else i am going crazy and I don't know what to do because this is extremely aggravating. I honestly cant remember another winter where we haven't been able to plow by now

Snowman91, same thing happened here in coastal nh. They said we were supposed to get OVER a foot one night, the next morning they said we wont even be getting a flurry.Three years ago i had plowed 12 times by now, two years ago i had plowed 10 times, last year 7 times.
  11. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

makes 2 of us.. again seasonals is a joke. i plowed MABY 9 times last year.. and thanks to the new trend the seasonals that ARE being bid are like 1k for a full size irving FOR THE YEAR!!!! F-THAT... NEVER thought id say i wanna go south TO PLOW!:realmad: im dying up here.... now im hearing christmas day we could get a nor easter... but iv heard that b4..... i just dont know anymore
  12. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

X2 --This is the first year I pushed the seasonal deal with some long time customers and thankfully I finally have a 50/50 split of per push/seasonal customers:)
  13. dirtybird

dirtybird Junior Member
    from 02347

If it makes you feel any better I spent $30,000 on 4 new plow's and sander's to outfit trucks, and bought a new bobcat Skid. Baltimore contracts are doing better than MA so far. Can only hope we get slammed in January, February, and March. I look at it as a 5 year investment to recoup but like everyone I would feel a lot better to make some back the first year. Otherwise it's :drinkup:
  14. rock18201

rock18201 Member
    from NEPA

im ready to call the auctioneer myself.
  15. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I don't think were gonna get anything until January to be honest :(
  16. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

Ya I have heard rumors of a xmas storm, which is fine I count on spending most holidays working anyways. As crazy as this sounds but I would consider driving...4-5-6 states away to put some of my equipment to work! I dont know if people do this but at this point im ready! Bobcat with the 9 foot pusher can go on the trailer and I can pull it with a 1 ton dump, spreader and plow. Insured for 10 million....who needs help?! lol I wish everyone in the same position good luck! Oh and I have no seasonal contracts, commercial, residential and my govt contract are all per push! FML:realmad:
  17. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

first year doing seasonals, its kinda nice but they dont pay on time so I'm hurtin too
  18. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

on our local news they said they were calling for a noreaster up by you guys for x-mas? but now the storm is way too far south and will be hitting us and continuing on through pittsburgh and virginia?
  19. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

im bidding 12 large seasonal accounts next fall. if i dont get them im probly going to get out of the plowing biz... people are doing it soooo cheap i cant compete. i can sit at home or go ride a sled and cost my self money.. nevermind plowing for free or there prices.... i had a guy who bids over 200 accounts each year.... picks them up for next to nothing and in talking to him he tells me he hopes it does not snow because it costs him too much... WELL DONT BID THEM FOR FREEE!!! have damn standards for god sake:gunsfiring:
  20. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

I totally agree same with people up here in MN, Thanks goodness I took a risk this year and did everything on per push! We just got another 6" today and talking another band of snow in the next couple days! Good luck to you guys out east! I hope it snows for you guys too!ussmileyflag