1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who here has or had Voltex?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rusty_keg_3, Oct 10, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Ok, well ive been seeing the name poping up here so who all has or had Voltex, and how did u like them, was it worth ur money...

What did u have, how much did u pay, would u buy it again? Any pics are welcome too!

Thanks!

2. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Ive had a 40" Voltex led lightbar for like 2 years now and not a thing has gone wrong yet. I love it, all worth the $300 i spent on it I have a few pics of it here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

have the same 48' bar on my truck for the past 2 years. NO issues. worth the 300.00. will def but another if mine breaks!

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

well i was looking at the same bar last year and i think im going to pull the trigger on one this year seeing i have used my light bar all summer.

thoes pics made my cring thinking of what the truck look like now. hope you got everything all fixed and ins is working with you!

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have a 30 or 36 inch voltex. So far it has been ok. For the price it is better than expected.

6. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

In the video are those the strobes in the head lights and tail lights from voltex too?

7. 20Silverado05

8. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

how are the voltex strrobes do you know? Do u think they are good?

9. 20Silverado05

By the looks of them I personally wouldnt buy them . They looke like the wires a a bit flimsy and the led structure is not to goot either . Also leds are sensitive to moisture really bad and with them being in parking lights and stuff i wouldnt do it.

10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Did they have some sort of fire sale last year and try and flood the market? Prices for a 4' amber are $700. You could get a used brand name bar for that, that would prob last longer.

11. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

i guess ill just be running the north amercian signal lights.... I'm gonna buy one of the 23" mini bar lights im trying to decide ethier strobe or rotator's

http://northamericansignalc.thomasn...otating-mini-bars/mbtr-x?&bc=100|1016|3001072

or

http://northamericansignalc.thomasn...trobe-light-bars/mb625-a?&bc=100|1016|3001049

12. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

chineses junk

13. Grassman09

I agree with your signature.

14. rusty_keg_3

Well, im only 18, and my bros house along with our shop got destroyed by a tornado in early june... Maybe u saw it on the national news... So i dont have $1000 to spend on a led light bar, cuz im rebuilding a brand new truck that got destroyed...

So have u honestly ever used voltex, or had a friend with them... Or are u just saying that? If u have had a bad experience with them, please tell me and i will understand...

Or if u wanna give me $700 to help me buy some american brand which was most likely made in japan anyway... But im sure its way better for 3x the price ehh?

15. Grassman09

Why not save the $300 and put it towards rebuilding your shop/bros house if money is tight? Didn't you have insurance on everything? China and Japan are totally different. The japs make good stuff and Chinese make crap copy's of American and Japanese stuff. Id rather buy a product that was made in Japan then USA or China.

16. rusty_keg_3

His house was insured, and the shop, the 09, but his 99 chevy 2500 wasnt, or his 19 suburban, or his fiances car... and a few mowers, salter, and some other stuff...

Im honestly looking at the $150 bar plus shipping and handling... They already have a another house... and are still looking around... But i want some lights for safety, because accidents are no fun, and some places we plow have idiots...

So have or haven't u used voltex? and i dont see how china's stuff is worse than japans... Just saying your logic... isnt logical... Is any1 else with me on this one?

17. Grassman09

There will always be idiots. If you think a $100 or $1000 lights will stop them I've got news for you. It wont. Buy a cheap $25 round revolting light and make some $$$ this winter and when you are in a better spot financially get a nicer expensive one.

18. rusty_keg_3

im just 18, and a senior in highschool, i have money, but am rebuilding a truck, which is expensive... And want a decent lights... like their 48 in rotars...

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1086794&posted=1#post1086794

19. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Its not chinese its american the name even says american and the factory is in illinoise i have two magnetic micro burst series strobe lights from them and they are really bright.

20. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

when you google voltrx it is all china. maybe illinois is were the importer is

let me put it this way i know personally who builds the bars at whelen

my liberty had an issue with the I/O board i gave a ring a ling to repair and talk the dept head who i know and went down and had it fixed that day