1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who Has Verizon Push to Talk?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Clapper&Company, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Juat wanted to know who was using Push to Talk

2. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Bump for the Day Turn Crew

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I heard it has been improved alot. My buddy owns a Wireless Zone and they currently have two phones that can use push to talk. One is the Motorolla Adventure the other is called GZ One or something. He just got a business to switch over from there 15 line Nextel which service sucks for them and they are like Verizon a lot better I guess, so I dont know. I just got myself a blackberry which is awesome, you go online, email, check weather, listen to internet radio, whatever you want.

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We use push to talk. Ours is with Telus
    We have been using it for the last 5 years. Last year I went back to cell phones because it was allot cheaper. Hated it so much we canceled our contract with bell and went back to Telus. I love it, it is quick with allot less blaw blaw
    I thought using the push to talk I could get around the driving with a cell phone law. Not the case, I just got a ticket $125.00 and -3 points for using it while driving. :realmad: It has to be a walkie talkie that cannot receive phone calls to be exempt from the law.:cry:

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

clapper i just saw on tv that veizon went to the push to talk they only 2 phones that r push push to talk ready it seems like it might be better then other one at least this way youd have decent service

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have nextel and i like it alot in my area always ahs service and works great. once my paln runs out im either getting thier blackberry or ill consider making the switch then

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

All sprint with the Nextel 2 way here works great for a big plowing operation.

8. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

yea, I cant belive out of all the Members no one has Verizon

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

nope not me...

The phone rings enough as it is.

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well i just got a new phone a couple months ago i cant afford another one

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea I just got the G'z one the other day

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I got verizon to but just got the old gz one and Im not paying for a new one right now.

13. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL steve we had that talk yesterday

14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yes we did.

15. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

im using cingular's ptt and love it i wish that cing., veri., nextel etc... could all together with the ptt

16. cowboytim

cowboytim Junior Member
    from midwest

I have a few nextells but my buddy has verizon and is quitting and going back to nextell

17. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Same here it would be nice

18. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I have verizon for cell and Nextel for PTT. When I looked into Verizon for PTT I didnt like what I was hearing. I will reactivate the Nextel's in the next couple of months for the upcoming season.....unless something better comes up....

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I have AT&T PTT and it takes to long to connect to another phone. I have to push it and then sit there and wait for 20 to 30 seconds. By time it connects, they would have just picked up if I just noramally called them. I'm thinking about changing over to the new Verizon Fleet Track I believe its called, with the PTT, and GPS tracking.

20. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

a few friends of mine have verizon ptt and they love it. it blows nextel outta water. i was told that verizon dosent advertize for it as much as they would like to because they have an agreement with nextel. they make more money off of renting space on the towers that they own to other cell companys then they do off of cell service