1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has used PW22 Plow Wings?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Dec 18, 2007.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I just ordered a set of plow wings from Northern Tool & Equip. They have them on sale now. $149.99 + $26.17 s/h. So $176.16 Total to my door. I know guys are selling them on Ebay for $220-$225 shipped. So i guess i got a pretty good deal.
    I am wondering who has personally used these plow wings? Are they any good or what is your opinion on them? I plow alot of open lots, and i also plow some with curbs. I hope they are pretty strong and don't bend easy. How long will they last?
    Any feedback on these would be really appreciated. And by the way. These will go on my Western Ultra Mount, 8', steel, straight blade. Pro series. I has been getting a workout this week so far. Hope more snow is coming. Thanks
  2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

They are worth that. I got my set from northern as well. They are pretty easy to install, just have an extra set of hands with you to help. I would also recomend welding on the square washer on the back side of the plow blade. Do yourself a favor and get new drill bits to install, it will make life a lot easier. If you have a tractor supply arround you they have a large diameter set of drills for like 30 bucks, marked down from 50. I bought two. They are pretty handy. They are with all of the gift ideas and such
  3. packey

packey Member

How do the plow wings you bought from northern work. I am ordering some today I am sick and tired of trail off on my parking lots. I hope they heop
  4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

They work well, you still get some trail off, but you can make up more time with the increased width.
  5. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

My plow wings just showed up today from northern tool. Shipping was fast. These look to be a real high quality product. Alot heavier then i expected. Now to get them installed on my plow...
  6. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

This might help.........just put these on not to long ago......http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=53191
  7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i made my own similar to Western's for my 8' but bought the prowings for my 8 1/2' one instead they work great except for the rubber on the bottom is cracking really badly.