1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has the most up to date satellite images?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camden, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I entered the address of a property that was just built within the last year. I can't find an online service that has a current overhead photo of the property. All it shows is grass.

I checked Go iSnow and Google and neither one show a building on the site.

Any idea who would have current images?
  2. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

I have the best luck with the maps at Bing.com
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Maps @ msn which i think is bing. Check multiple angles of the same image then, for some reason sometimes that makes a difference.
  4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

If it's that new you may need to do it the old fashioned way.....with a measuring wheel.:eek:
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Goilawn and goisnow the same?
  6. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I use bing, the bird eye view is pretty decent. I would try that or you might just have to go measure it yourself if it doesn't show up anywhere.
  7. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Bing and Google use different suppliers for their true satellite images. Bing, however and additionally, contracts with a contractor of Pictometry, which takes the birds eye view from a plane at a couple thousand feet. Birds eye view is NOT accurate for measuring, given the angle of view to the ground, versus a satellite image, which is directly overhead, however to get a good feel for a property, the quality is unmatched. Also, try your county assessor. Most fairly major counties have good websites with all the GIS integration, satellite imagery overlays and measuring tools. Plat maps and boundaries will even show you the responsibility of one business over another, in a non-CAM shared parking lot type of setup.