1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who has good service and god pricing on HTS plow in north jersey?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i need to purchase one but the only place i know wants $4500 plus tax for it with the curb guards and backdrag edge. i know there has to be a better cash price from other distributors.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is a very fair price

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

that is cash and carry not installed. and i have read others say they have gotten theirs in the mid $3k range. but if you say it is fair then i will take your word for it and reconsider since they are close by.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you forget good service and only worry about price, you can find it for $3700 before freight and minus a backdrag edge and curb guards.

Adding the BD edge and curb guards raises the price another one fifty plus freight.

So you could probably save two or three hundred dollars buying from a discount house. Of course that leaves you without a local dealer if you need parts or have warranty issues.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It could be a touch high (including taking the options you chose into account) but prices are very regional thus can vary greatly so that has to be taken into account when you "hear" prices others have received from a different region.

6. 05ram

05ram Member

I would check with FDR Hitches in Roselle Park. 988-259-9500 I know a lot of people that use them. What kind of truck would it be going on? I don't think the Midweight is much more money, and it might even backdrag better. Just keep us posted!

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

yes, as i learned with spray in bed liners. i would love to live where they are $300-$350 but here in jersey the cheapest i found was $500.

the new body 1500 is supposedly not rated for the midweight. and i am going to be doing my driveway and hopefully only a few residentials within a few miles of my own house. so i think the HTS is more then enough for me. last year i was working with an 18 inch tall snoway on my tundra and that did everything i asked it to.

8. bigblock73

bigblock73 Member

I was quoted $4600 installed

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

plow places

check traffic safety in mahwah nj 201-327-6050
    fdr north in pequannock 973-696-6610
    :)

10. 05ram

05ram Member

Did you buy a plow yet? If so, where and how much?

11. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

not yet. traffic safety did not reply to my last e-mail and i want to wait till at least july/august before i buy and install.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't wait too long or you'll be into next seasons price quotes. Generally 6-8% more.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod: once this season's plows are delivered next season's pricing kicks in.

14. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Dont wait for an email reply. Just call them. They are excellent .