1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has a Volvo L25B and what size pusher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bird21, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I just bought one and I am looking to put an Artic Sectional on it. Mabey 12 or 14' .

Who has one for sale?

Anyone with the same loader have some input?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I would check with Artic, I think a 12 or 14 may be to much for that machine (10,000 lbs machine I looked), they run similiar sized Cat (I want to say 908) wheel loaders. We run a 14 HD on our 25,000 loader, in REALLY heavy snow it had some minor traction issues (tires are like new). We could run up to a 19' on this size machine, but because we drive down the road that wouldn't work in our application. Keep us updated I'm looking at the Yanmar machines in same size class.
  3. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I leased a Volvo L20 and L30, and a Cat 908 this past season. I ran 12 foot ProTech's on them. They pushed decent in a straight line but SUCKED when you needed to turn. They just did not have enough weight on the front ends to keep traction when turning. For this coming season, I have purchased a couple agriculture tractors to use instead (hopefully they work better). The ag tractors can move faster too.
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a gehl680 (similar size machine) which we have been running a 12' ProTech on for a few seasons now.
  5. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Thanks I am looking at getting the 12' light duty. I need this machine on a zero tolerance account, hence the artic. I have seen how good they scrape down to almost bare pavement so that will help on the salting.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

If it only weighs 10,000# I wouldnt go with a 14. Just my 2 cents
  7. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I am going with a 12' Artic light duty, does anyone use one of those?? Any input ?? Anyone got one for sale?