1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has a snowex 1075 and a flatbed?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by maelawncare, Nov 25, 2010.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Last year is used my f250 with my 1075. Worked perfect, the spreader went in the receiver hitch and the sides rested on the bumper.

But this year i upgraded to a f350 with a flatbed. So it doesnt have a bumper. So theres no where for the sides to rest and keep it from wobbling. Any ideas?
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Weld some pieces of scrap together so it can rest on something.
  3. STL Snowpusher

STL Snowpusher Junior Member

For a quick fix you could take a tie down strap and at each end of the spreader tie them back to a stake pocket or the boomer rail. This should keep the spreader from wobbling so much.

For a better solution, I would build a new mounting bracket. What we had done for one of our trucks is to build an "A" frame mount that sits on the platform which we bolt down. (Looks pretty similar to the old school Western salt spreader in bed truck mounts.) Than we used 1" angle iron on our mount to hook in to the snowex's horizontal "C" channel support bars. Then to keep the spreader from sliding side to side we had welded two flanges vertically on those "C" Channels that bolted to the mount in the truck.

I do not have a photos of this mount which I had built, but if needed I could get you some.
  4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Ive got a VeePro i dont use anymore, Might do some trading if youre interested (Im just right down the road)
  5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

What size?
  6. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I run a 1075 on my F-450 Flatbed. I can take some pics of my mounting system & email them to you. I made up a set of mounts to drop in the stake pockets & this is the 4th year that I have used them with zero problems.
  7. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

its an 8000