1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has a Pull plow on a newer Jeep Wrangler2010-2013?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoworks1, Jan 18, 2014.

1. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

I am having a problem rear pull plow on my 2011 Jeep. The hitch(there is only one made for this model) gets mounted to the rear frame rail. The problem is the frame rail is rotating with the weight of the plow or using down pressure.

Anyone else figure out what to do to correct the problem. I thought it was just the hitch rotating a little around the frame rail, so my fix was going to be to weld it directly to the frame. But the frame is actually rotating.

2. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I'm not exactly following what you mean. Are you talking about the rear cross member?
  3. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

If that's what it is called yes, its a square metal tube that runs in between the frame rails on the car at the very rear of the truck.

It looks like I will have to fab. something up to beef up the entire hitch/frame. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this prior to me re-inventing the wheel.
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

The simple fix is to not over load the Jeep.