1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who has a large enough lot for this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doin_It, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

2. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

See the little red button?! Push the little red button. lol
  3. 99LsSilverado

99LsSilverado Junior Member

4. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Why not just blow the snow? I am confused why you would collect it like that? Even for snow removal purposes I blower and dump truck would be way faster.
  5. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

The music really makes the video. But really, who knew picking beets required such equipment?
  6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I think its pretty obvious that the video is just a demo for the machine, not a suggestion that it is a suitable PLACE for that machine to be used. In that area, a regular blower would be a lot more suitable, just shoot the snow off the side into the field.

The machine looks like it would be great for city streets in places where you regularly get 3 foot snowfalls, have nowhere to put the snow, and aren't worried about sucking in a few pedestrians or a lada or 2. Imagine Moscow in late January. That machine would also be a lot more efficient than running a blower+dumptruck since it only requires one operator.

I also see that machine as being an effective way of digging out snow that has already been plowed. What they use around here tends to be a bulldozer, loader, and whole lot of dumptrucks. That's 4 operators minimum (because if you don't have minimum 2 dumptrucks, there is going to be a lot of waiting while it is being emptied), plus at least 2 supervisors. With that machine, one bulldozer and the machine, and I don't think they need any supervisors in Russia.

Here they also used to have this crazy machine called a "Metromelt", which was a lot like the machine in the video, except that instead of storing the snow, they melted it down and poured it back onto the road (and into the storm sewer). http://www.toronto.ca/transportation/snow/torontomelt.htm
  7. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

they could do the same with 1 operator. instead of having a dump truck, have a dump trailer being pulled. same as they do for crops and material transport.
  8. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

It looks like a Ropa self propelled beet lifter with a different header. It would really only work with wet heavy snow because of the chain system used to move beets to the hopper.