1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who has a factory fisher extremeV backdrag edge? worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ontario026, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Title basically says it all... I do about 30 driveways and 4 small parking lots, all of which involve some backdragging, Just wanted some first hand experience as to wether the fisher backdrag edge is worth the money ( about $267 or 276 can funds.. if I remember correctly)

And please state if you used your extremeV without the backdrag edge, or did you have it installed upon original purchase of the extremeV, and have no comparison of with or without....

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

When I got my new extreme V, I put them on. IMO, I did not like them and think the plow backdrags better without them, (when put new edges on plow, did not put backdrag edges on again). If you do get them, have to put them on with new edges or it will be higher than front

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I have pretty good luck backdragging in V position. Seems to scrape a little bit better than straight
  5. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

My xv backdrags really well. MUCH better than my old ezv.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The XV has a much steeper cutting edge angle, so it creates much less lift when moving backwards through the snow.
    The reason in backdrags better in Vee or Scoop is because you change the angle of the cutting edge. You make it steeper in relation to the direction of travel. Backdragging in Scoop is the best, because it windrows the snow out and off to the sides.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  7. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have never not had one on my Xtreme V. I plow with a bunch of guys and it is the best of all the plows in the group, but I have no comparison. It is alot better than my EZ V i had before. Prob not alot of help but its all i got.
  8. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

got them not to bad, there was a couple of holes missing in the mount had to make them.