1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who has a boss utv plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by JRS Landscaping, Apr 26, 2011.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

looking at getting one and wanted some opinions. its going on a yamaha rhino. ( i know they don't make it yet but i called they are in the works) Any one? Any other good utv plows, needs to be HD no cheap weak units. :drinkup:

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I would say the boss is the best plow for the money hands down. We have the V on our kubota...it is a beast!

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

There is a guy named Mark Oomkes that has a Boss "V" on his Gator....There are Pictures floating around on Another Site of it....Looks pretty sweet....Too Bad he cant Post them here....But the Powers at be have Banned him....They are to worried about Pop-up ads than having people with knowledge on this site.....:confused:

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

we use a kubota utv to plow the lot here. I am the lucky one to do this task. Last season I had a Meyers drivepro. It was a good plow no problems out of it. This season i switched to a Boss v-plow still no problems out of the plow. However i did like the fact Boss was faster and lifted higher.

5. gbtl

gbtl Member

do you guys use the steel cutting edge? im doing some sidewalks with bricks...was thinking of using poly?

6. Tractor Tidy

Tractor Tidy Junior Member
    from IN

BOSS v-plow

As you go w/ the larger plows, you have to watch how much they weigh. If the UTV manufacturer offers a H.D. suspension, then that is the only way you can put on. The front ends can only take so much weight.

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You'll want a poly blade if you're cleaning off bricks/pavers. There's a thread on here that has a link to the company that makes the poly blades. I can't justify the price at least until the steel blade wears out. LOL

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Saw this at the fair this summer.

gator with boss plow 1.jpg

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Contact Joel Vermetti @ ISS Custom Import Plows @ 616-855-2812. He will be able to handle your needs.

Jon

10. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

We have them in stock at a very good price if someone would like a quote pm. Me

11. gbtl

gbtl Member

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If had more snow atleast little I was going buy one put on my Hunting rig 2002 Kia Sportage
    Way winter going better not buy anymore snow stuff

SANY0019.JPG

13. gbtl

gbtl Member

http://www.plowsite.com/album.php?albumid=1129&pictureid=6649[/IMG]

14. gbtl

gbtl Member

i couldnt post an image so i put a link

15. jays3hds

jays3hds Junior Member
    from S.W.PA

Works great....

[​IMG]

16. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ha! True that!

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Here you go..... I just Googled "Mark Oomkes Gator".

IMG_7031%20(Medium).jpg

18. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's sweet rig he's got. I'm still on the fence to add a cab to my Grizzly. I'm not a wood working kind of guy so I'd have it all screwed up.