1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who got stuck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vis, Feb 14, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

who got stuck in the 30 inches of snow we got?

got the 350 stuck on a hill..slid back wards and got hung up on a curb..

one of my drivers got the 450 dump stuck trying to stack the snow..

was very difficult dealing with that much snow...especially when u push into a pile and half oof it goes over the plow...then u try and back up and u are :eek:

all in all these big storms just beat up on the trucks and guys....6 inches or below is fine for me wesport (new smiles!?)

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Didn't get stuck at all,I was VERY IMPRESSED with the cooper S/Ts.I would say the best non studded snow tire I ever had on a truck

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

im telling you if i got one more call from one of my guys or one of my buddies saying that they got stuck i was gonna cry

4. CyberJay

CyberJay Junior Member

There was somethin about that snow.. at least around here. I've never gotten stuck with my current truck, or my old suburban. Sunday I got stuck four times. Once bad enough that I actually called the boss and told him to send someone to get me out. 5 minutes later I got it out on my own, but it was pretty bad.

Monday morning my wife wanted me to drive her to work.. it's not too far, so ok, I take her. On the way home I yanked a guy out of a snowbank, newer chevy looked like about a 6" lift on 35s or so. He was showin off for his girlfriend.. oops.

I don't want to say I believe in Karma.. But if I see someone stuck, I help out. Hopefully if I ever get stuck to the point that I can't get myself out someone will be around.

-Jay

5. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

i got the 350 stuck i was on some ice and it had the factory crappy tires, i probly coulda gotten it out but i said f it and called the boss to get pulled out he was down the rd

6. KHB

KHB Member

I figured with this much snow I'd load up the sander for some weight. Boy 2.5 tons worked great. wesport I won't plow empty again..lol

7. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

I didn't get stuck in the whopping 3" we got here. Think we're snowed in for a while now.

8. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I got the F250 stuck on Sunday after a whopping 5 inches here :gunsfiring:

One of my customers pulled down the stacks right by his retaining wall with a 2.5 foot drop off. My passenger side went off the side and I was done.

Had a buddy with a new F150 pull me out, he sat here spinning 2wd..I suggested he toss it in four wheel low and I came right out.

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Me either. never even needed 4x4. Sad when us northern boys need to move south to the snowbelt. All the storms this year have been to far south and east.

10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Have not been stuck in a couple years- amount of snow is not really a concern as opposed to technique. When I started paying attention to how far back I pushed the snow in the beginning of the season and at each storm, paying more attention to what I was driving on (so as not to drive over retaining walls- been there done that it sucked) and learning why I had trouble on my customers I stopped having trouble.

you should not get stuck pushing piles or piling snow if you put the snow back far enought in the first place IMO.

11. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I carry a tow rope just for that reason. I got stuck 4 times but no one stopped to help me out...... One guy even saw me shoveling near the tires and only slowed down to go around me. He sure was looking hard too...

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got the dump stuck stacking snow. SALopez had to yank me out. Then 5minutes latter I had to yank him out. Stacking snow in the same pile. LOL figures right

13. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

At least you two where close enough where you didn't loose too much time. I lost in total about 3 hours with 1 flat tire and being stuck 4 times....

14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't think I even spun with 18". Gotta love the Coopers and trying to plow with your head (well atleast for the first few hours... after that it is all down hill!)

15. Jto89

Jto89 Member

i got hung up trying to be a nice guy and help out a poor old lady trying to shovel her driveway. i told my buddy to watch the stone wall that was on the side of the drive and while he was talking to the old lady i pushed a pile and the the left front tire fell off the wall. the whole truck was resting on the control arm and the skid plates. so it took 2 and a half hours and a lot of 2 by 4s to get us out.:realmad:

16. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

KHB what is your truck??? 45 or 55??? I wont go out with less than 4 on a 5500. Throw some more on it....youll barley use 4x4

17. KHB

KHB Member

Its a 55... yeah. i learned the hard way with this truck. the first time i plowed i was sliding down hills and getting stuck everywhere..lol.. I need a larger spreader. right now i only have a 3 yard. :)

18. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

2 stuck

I got stuck and before I could yell out my partner got stuck stacking in the same pile. Dont you hate that beep when the nextel doesn't go thru at that most important time....The temp was a little warm I guess hot engines and tires and making the snow heavy & slippery. Anyway he was able to get out then pulled me out only about 30 mins down

19. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

Is your 5500 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

20. KHB

KHB Member

Its a 4x4 :)