1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who does this??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SteveR, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

My daughter works in a town I do not service so this isnt bad competition talk...
    The plow guy is doing a little bit of a poor job so the manager at the store asked him to make some changes and the recieving guy sugested that he push the banks back so his trucks can get in..All good stuff as this a new store so everyone is learning about what works best in the lot right. Well I guess the owner of the plow company came in and ripped the store manager a new ass.. I could not imagine telling off one of my cusomers unless I was quitting...How about you guys
  2. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

That guy isn't looking for any referral's, I guess. He should switch to decaf. How's the 87 Chevy holding up?
  3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

plowing is a customer service industry thus the customer drives everything you do. that guy is an idiot.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've had disagreements with clients before. I'm not of the belief that the customer is always right. Sometimes there are and sometimes they're not. Either way I always try to keep my cool even when I'm upset.
  5. redman6565

true that the customer may not always be right but they are entitled to their own opinion and that guys is on a oneway ticket to the unemployment line :laughing:
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

opinions are like a-holes......everyone has them and most of them stink
    everybody is entitled to an opinion...it's what you do with them that counts.
  7. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

The 87 is gone...New 09 F550sd to replace it. Just have not updated
  8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, i have always held that if a customer has me annoyed enough that i want to yell, it is time for myself and that customer to part ways, there is only one customer out there that can claim i yelled at her (she phoned me at 4:30am on the weekday, in the summer, to ask me if i though the deck i built her should look a certain way in the dark) was promptly told, if she ever phoned that early again, i wouldn't do any more work for her i mean really WTF!!!
  9. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

My dad told me "The customer may not always be right, but they always come first." and he also added "if they're crazy there is nothing you can do about that."

I forgot who the member is on here that has the following quote on there signature it said/says "If you find you're self arguing with an idiot make sure he's not doing the same thing."
  10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That plow guy is an idiot, as previously stated. Yeah, we are the experts on how to plow. But we have to clear the areas as requested
  11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

never ever yell at a costermer, just put them last on the list and make them wait for the service, if they call tell them one of your trucks broke and you will be there with in the hour!
  12. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Thinkin she was looking to have you over to check out that deck in the dark, Buckwheat.:D
  13. redman6565

whip cream bikini lol
  14. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Not a good idea at all............Your in business to meet the service requirements of your clientelle. At your price. When you make a move like that your only making yourself look bad. Talk to them, see if you can meet the new expectations/requirement. If not, part ways. If your good you easily find replacements.tymusic
  15. redman6565

you also don't do that because how would you justify marketing that lot then? next season you want to bid on the lot next door and that manager is going to tell you to take a hike because he saw the quality of your work. then you'd have to explain how you felt no obligation to plow a customer on time just because they had suggestions or opinions on how you should plow. doesnt look good.
  16. redman6565

i dont know about you guys, but i value, to a certain degree, my customers opinions. twice a year i hand out surveys to all my customers, once in the middle of the season, once at the end. not only does it keep my guys in line but it all allows my customers to feel like they are involved more than just cutting a monthly check
  17. buckwheat_la

besides, when a customer starts making changes to a a property that i plow, and starts adding work, i start charging more!!!
  18. buckwheat_la

:cry: oh GOD NO!!!, 5 foot, 50year old chinese lady with a limp, oh, i just got sick and sh!t myself!!! thanks guys
  19. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

you the MAN buckwheat
  20. redman6565

no whip cream bikini then? :laughing: