1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who does chicago ridge apartments

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scooled101, Jan 2, 2009.

1. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

My sister in law lives in them and she had a couple questions, i figured i would ask if you do the apartments that are right next to the tower in the park next to the train station i just have a few questions thanks

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

What's the matter she doesn't think the guys are doing a good job huh and she is mad that she couldn't get out of her parking space I bet. LOL

3. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

i am a fellow plower its not being ignorant or anything i know how the buisness is. Just its a new plow guy this year i just so happen to get on the plowsite and figured that i would ask who does it. she has busted 2 tires because the cars are plowed in i know it a parking lot but i guess from what i am told the guy last year did as many parking spots as he could get to. this year the new guy runs right down the center of the lot and angles the snow right towards the cars rather than away and does not do any parking spots, i myself never do that but everyone has a way of doing things. when you have a brand new 40k car it kinda sucks. as well as my brother served in afghanistan has bad knees due to an IED so its not like he can go and push his car out

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

srry a bout your brother, ussmileyflag

i dont plow the property your talking about ...... , but one thing i would keep in mind

i plow an apartment complexe in my area , and it is a pain in the As

we dont angle the snow towards the cars... but in some cases you have no choice... and when your talking the amount of snow that we have had, even if you angle the snow away from the cars, it still can leave the apperance like you plowed them in

depending on blowing and drifting as well

just a second thought.... i have tried my hardest to provide good service to this location, and unfortunattly , the design of the property in combination with non coperating tenents has made it extra difficult

you throw in a month like we just had , snow ever 3 days, 4 inches plus, 8 inches drifting and a 12 inch storm , sub zero temps.... it didnt look good is all im saying

it wasnt in the budget for removal.... we asked... cuz the only really good way to plow this property was to remove the snow from the site, every time

anyway , like i said before you jump down on the guy , hear him out, maybe there is a reason , or the managment put a cap or limit on the dollars per storm

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  5. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

i appreciate the response thats why i figured I would get on here to see if I could talk to the guy that does the job maybe to see if there is anything that i can do to help just get my brother and sister inlaws situation taken care of thats my biggest concern right now. I do know that when you have a millions acounts you have to get to there is a personal time limit that you kinda put on things when you want to get them done to stay on time. Again I plow myself so i know the buisness but there are always some exceptions i do lots of drives for free for people that cannot afford it or have a hard time getting around

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

:salute: to your brother. My father served with the MNANG for 25+ years, company A, 2nd batalion, 147th aviation regiment. Killed 3-13-93 in the line of duty while serving as a utility helicopter pilot

I have to say that its stupid that they would windrow towards the cars. At the apartment my old lady lives in they do a fairly good job of clearing the lot and then managment has everyone move there cars the next day and they come back and finish everything.

7. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

thats what i thought but there it is obvious where the snow is pushed. most places i have seen around this area that have been plowed looked great but the discharge in this lot could be a little different hopefully I can try to get a little help for them. it never helps to try and work things out

I appreciate that your father served and what he did for our country and i am glad you understand

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Just out of curiosity, how did she bust her tires?

9. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Why don't you just ask the apartment complex who does it or just tell them about their concerns. If you are trying to get special treatment for them I doubt it will happen. As soon as he does something for one person all the others ask for the same.

10. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

her car is real lolw and the tires freeze as far as anybody else all theother people seem to be able to walk fine so obviously they can push there car out..

11. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

Her tires freeze? to what? the fender? what kind of car is this?

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i dont get the tires freeze? how does rubber freeze? to what the pavement? well maybe salting is not included.

take another guess, even if it is included, how does one salt around cars or between them ? the only way i found is , have a really low spinner, spinning really fast, and peg the crap out of ppls cars while doing it

13. Car is low? Tires freeze?

First and foremost if your going to live in an area that gets heavy snow in the winters then get a car that can handle the winter season. Don't blame the snow plow driver.

Second of all if its such a concern I don't see why you need to come on here asking for the guy to stand up and raise his hand. She should be going to her landlord and making a complaint. Let them deal with it. For all we know the landlord may have told the guy how they want it done and not to do spaces to save on money.

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have had my tires freeze before on a car I had. 71 Mustang fastback. Apartments I lived in at the time(1977) the plow driver would windrow the snow in toward the cars. Like others have mentioned there was no return trip to save money. The snow from the windrow was slushy mix and I did not move it that day. That night it got pretty cold and froze the slush around the tires.

If this is what happen tho it would mean they did not move that car after the plow guy went by and it sat there long enough for that slush to freeze. I learned back then if I ain't plowing the lot then move the heck out of the way when someone did.

15. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

I have done apartments where people are supposed to park in designated areas during snow events.
    Seems alot could have cared less and waited till the truck showed up, then when we finished up they {the few} would come running out and try to get us to clear them out.

As others said, ask the manager what's up, I bet you'll get info from the right person.
    Good Luck and kick the ice off the fenders if need be.

16. When I first stated plowing over 11 years ago my first jobs were for apartment buildings and the city schools. I do remember people coming out and wanting to move their car after I was all done. I didn't care, told them too bad, come out and move it sooner next time. I haven't got time to sit around waiting for last minute yahoos to get off their arse and move their car.