1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who do you trust for alignment work?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bad Luck, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

STS? ETD? Sears? Or do you go to a smaller local guy?

Need one and I'm not sure where to turn. Prices all seem to be the same.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Bad Luck
    Here is what I do, look for a frame shop that does it's own front end work. If you can't find that look for a shop whose work is mostly truck work. When I lived in Flint we had a guy who all he did was front end work, both cars and trucks all the way to semi's. Down here in Waterford we have a place called Clyde's frame and all he does is work on trucks, from pickup's all the way up to semi's. It always worked for me. One thing I hate is for my steering wheel not to be lined up straight.

Good Luck Mike

3. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

a good frame and spring shop!

Hi Bad Luck,

I agree with Mike. Shops like Sears and STS are a crapshoot and dealers the same! I go to a place that specializes in rigs and trucks, they know that shoddy work won't get repeat customers! And they tend to keep and have more experienced folks that know the ins and outs of tough alignment jobs...
    Rob.

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Find a high rated tire shop, they will most likely do their own alignments or a frame shop. Any car that has frame work needs an alignment after and most do their own as well.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I went to Goodyear once and I was very happy with the work that was done. I also always like small shops!

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I'm lucky there. I managed auto repair facilities for 10 years, so my repairs and alignments are always don by guys I know / trained / trust.

At least I got something going for me! :cool:

7. procut

procut Senior Member

I just had my dodge aligned at Belle tire, was like $45, and comes with a 6 month warrenty.

8. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

i like the small shops. They have usually been around for a while and do good work. Not tomention normally they give u the best price. I wanted some exhaust work done on my truck. Monroe Muffle thought it wouldabout 1200.00. So i took it to a place called Fred's, and Fred charged me 82.37.;)

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a tire shop that is owned by family friends for the last 30 years. They are big time church people that would not ever-ever rip anyone off. They don't have to, there are 10 people behind me waiting for new tires or repairs.
    I put new tie rods on my truck, Midas wanted $95 just to set the toe in!
    The tire shop charged me $39 and apologized for the amount since all they had to do was set the toe in.

10. dumper

dumper Junior Member

If you are in North Jersey..................

I use Dave Stern Tires in Paterson, intersection of Route 80 and Route 20.

Telephone # is 973-684-1433.

Ask for Bill Jr, tell him Roger Haftek told you to call.