1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who do you guys use for your Snow Fall totals?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Any good sites for snowfall totals? It used to be easy enough to find the totals I needed for each snow event, but that seems to have changed! What do you guys use?
  2. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

National weather service

FISHERBOY Senior Member

snow totals

I use weatherworksinc.com, they do a great job Thumbs Up
  4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

You can use your previous invoices
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

What's weatherworksinc cost a year?
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I use a yard stick. :jester:
  7. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I just write down how much snow is in the lot when I get there. Is this a good idea?
  8. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I use National Weather Service trained spotter information from surrounding towns as well as measuring my self. I have seen several inches difference in only a few miles of distance. Like this last storm we had. It was 6.9 inches in one area and 15 miles away it was 9.2 inches. Doesn't sound like much in snow but it might be in dollars depending on how you set up your contracts. Plus you have official "trained spotter" information to back you up if anyone ever question's you.

Go here:

then click your state
    then click "public information"
    Scroll down and find your closest town during snowfall's
  9. Snow Picasso

Cool! Thanks
  10. Snow Picasso

Tell me about it! My St.Charles route had 8+....W.Chicago route 6....Arl Hts 4-6...Lk Zurich 6.5. It's all over the board! I have my guys measuring too, but with a storm like this it's nice to have backup paper work! Thanks for your help!
  11. Snow Picasso

12. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Weather works....Its not cheap but also not overly expensive...They do give a meteorologist report which is nice to send along with your invoices.
  13. NickT

NickT Senior Member

14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Our weather is all over the place also.

I got a blonde downtown that has cankers and can't really do the high heal thing, she just wears flats, so when she's ankle deep she rings us up and it's time to go to work.

The redhead on the south side, she's a fiesty one, them four inch heals with open toes, her toes get damp and she's all over it.

Now the cross dresser on the north side, he's plain good for nothing.
  15. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Have you been hanging out with Grandview ??? :confused:
  16. Snow Picasso

We do the same thing Dieselboy. Every push gets measured. Works for me....never had a complaint. It nice submitting a professional report when you have snow totals at 10+ inches. Especially when accumulations very from town to town!