1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who do you believe?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Apr 22, 2011.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you think your local weather guy is more accurate then places like The Weather Channel? Right now our 7 day forecast is almost 70's and chance of rain. WC has us for the next 7 days barely getting us to mid 50's with rain for the same time.:confused:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I dont believe any of them. Weather Underground is where I go on my computer. I believe my Weather Bug app on my phone takes the info from there as well. If I want to know if it is going to rain, I look for colorful stuff on the radar screen and look at which way it is moving.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

They are all a bunch of liars. I wish I could be worng all the time, and still get paid for it. If you want to know what the weather is doing, step outside, otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

4. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

at least in my area i think the local guys are...esp with lake effect, that being said...many times i have plowed 6 inches of partly cloudy....not to knock my a certain local guy who has been doing it since i was in diapers ...but the old ...we can have a coating to and inch or two or three makes me laugh every time..