1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who did it ??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KCAPXIS, Jan 31, 2007.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

these springs came off of a NEW Blizzard 8611LP, they are from inside the plow wing, the one on the left was cut shorter and ended up falling apart, went to the dealer w/ this problem and he is blaming blizzard.

Both springs where cut short on both of my plows, why could this be??

2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Maybe a lazy installer, could'nt get them on without taking something apart so just cut them to take some of the hook out of them. Just my thought , could be wrong though.
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Can't you just weld a piece onto the end so the spring won't fall off? I would imagine it came from Blizzard like that, but wouldn't the end be powder coated/ painted whatever it is. Doesn't look like it is. It probably just was crummy steel and broke off
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  4. payton

payton Senior Member

the steal didnt break! its been cut/ ground! personally i wouldnt care who did it.. but i know the blizzard dealer would be taking care of it. cause id be in the middle of there store making a scene!!!
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can you post a shot of the very tip of the spring? In the pic it sure look's like it was already like that before it was powder coated. If it was cut then the powder coating would be burnt at the tip.
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

those are spring steel. if you weld to spring steel it takes special rod to do so. and its not cheep stuff. the first one is deff messed up. second ya its close to wrong and i would say change it out. brand new plow and this . nope not goin to happen. get it fixed for free. or ask for full refund for bad product and go buy other brand.
  7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I agree if I had to guess since it was cut before powder coat it should fall on blizzard.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

The end was cut off after power-coating was done! looks like a cut-off wheel from a grinder did it.. All of these parts were assembled at the factory, But there is a recall that had to be done to this plow by the installer and these parts were taken apart and reinstalled by the dealer,..

we did a temp fix to it by turning the springs end for end and putting the cut end into the eye end of the threaded adjuster and then putting a small weld buildup on the end of the spring..
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If they cut it while doing the recall then I'd demand they replace it! Shoddy workmanship in my book.
  10. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: prsport
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Look's like laziness to me. They didn't want to take the time to release all the springs to install the spring. A Meyer spring is all most a full circle.It's a pain to get it in the eye.
    The one does not even have enough arch to hold on to anything.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

My dealer said: he called Blizzard and they( Blizzard) said that they didn't make any of the 8611LP there ? All of the 8611LP were made in the old factory in Michigan,

I told my dealer all I want is 4 new springs!!! ( I replace them myself ) don't know who to trust any more!
  13. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I would trust my attorney to get a small claims lawsuit aginst the dealer espically if they were the ones who did it. Im not one for jumping on the lawsuit band wagon however if there is a chance it could cause my equipment to fail look out judge wopner here i come
  14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It would be so hard to prove the springs had a problem from the dealer. It probably would not get past the discovery step of the lawsuit.