1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who carrys while there plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04red2500, Jan 1, 2009.

1. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

Alright guys how many of you carry a concealed weapon while your out plowing. I know it one of many things on my list of things to grab on the way out the door but just wondering who else feels this way?
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Sometimes I wish I did, but its illegal here. I hear its quite common down there though.
  3. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

absolutely , thugs think we carry tons of cash .:gunsfiring:
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That's ridiculous, or at least that's how I feel.

I've plowed some shady apartment complexes, and never had any issues.

If your fully insured, then what's the reason for carrying a piece.

I've never heard of a snow plower getting held up, if someone has I'd like to hear about it.

Besides, what would you have with you that you couldn't live without while plowing.
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Do kill me, but are you serious!!
  6. My house is full of guns (hunting) but sadly we are not allowed to carry a weapon here in Canada.

When I lived in the states I never went anywhere without my 9mm semi-auto pistol. It was nice knowing I could legally defend myself by any means necessary... We really need Canada to adopt the American laws on gun ownership!!

I'm legally allowed to purchase rifles, shotguns and handguns here in Canada. I'm just not allowed to carry them around with me. LOL
  7. 1) Kind of hard to make an insurance claim when your dead bud...

2) I stopped at a store to get smokes and was welcomed with a gun in my face asking for my money... (I quit smoking, too dangerous lol )

3) A crackhead with a gun will gladly take your wallet and money. Snow plow drivers are a great target because we often make cash when we go out...
  8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

thugs wont come out in the snow and cold to mug you ,there all snuggled up eating there free food and keeping warm in a house they are not paying for. Ohh sorry I better stop now.
  9. Turbodiesel

I was salting a shady apt complex last week and was approached by a drunk who looked very shady asking for a jump . Im in the big city so you cant trust most .
    I told him Id be with him when Im done . I just took off. Good guys finish last sometimes .
    The only thing getting jumped probably would have been me.:gunsfiring:.
  10. 04red2500

04red2500 Member
    from MI

Yes im insured but i payed for the stuff once and i dont want to pay for it again or deal with my insurance agent who i took my concealed pistol class with:gunsfiring:
    also we plow a apartment complex that the cops wont go in but the F.B.I will
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

3 of the buildings we plow are in the wonderful "suburb" of NYC- Newark NJ, I wish I could find a cop to plow that route for me. It would be legal for him to carry, us regular guys can't in NJ, an it's just about impossible to get a carry permit here, unless you know a superior court judge.

But if my guys are making cash I have problems!!!!
  12. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

If you have to carry a weapon where you plow, you need to find a new area to plow.
  13. Turbodiesel

Not always true . The owner of the apt complex pays well.
  14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Me too-sucks doesnt it?
  15. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

i carry everywhere i am legally allowed.
  16. Yup but if you ever feel like getting out for a hunt buddy let me know. I have a small trailer located on 400 acres in Havelock. We have tons of deer, bears, grouse, coyotes, timber wolves and rabbits.
  17. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

of course it goes everywhere with me,
  18. SnowedUnder

SnowedUnder Member
    from ontario

Actually I think a handgun is too light a weapon. Personally, I prefer a muzzle loader. Now only will it kill the snowman, the flash will melt half the neighborhood. :rolleyes:
  19. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to hear that you work in such dangerour areas...i guess if i were you i would also pack....actually if i lived in your area i probably wouldn't have equiptment to work with being that the keys are usually left in them.......i would be carefull going around shooting people though, your likely to go to prision if you make a slim mistake, not worth it to me...
  20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't even own a firearm. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a very dear friend carries to church.