1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who can answer this ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by capecodkenny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. capecodkenny

capecodkenny Junior Member
    from capecod

WHO CAN ANSWER THIS ? I have a 2003 fisher mm2 HD with a fish stick that jerks right when i try to go left sometimes, but will go right no problem. i tried jiggling plugs the other night when it was doing it but that did nothing. the 2 fisher places that serviced my plow haven't heard of this problem they say bring it in when its doing it but thats usually at 3:00 am. i know sooner or later it will finally get stuck angled right and i won't be able to what i have to do. can any body help me. thanks, kenny

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

I can. bad fishstick

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

bad valve or bad controller....

4. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

I had that same problem on my mm2 took cover off moter to find the shaft was broken.Hope to find a kit. kenny

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

shaft to the motor?

6. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

yes if you touch the magnito and it moves , there is a problem with the shaft. i will let you know how i did after christmas.

7. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

moves side to side like it is loose.

8. no lead

fishstick is bad.

9. capecodkenny

from capecod

thanks i guess i'll bite the bullet and buy a new one

10. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I studied the wiring and jump the pins at the connector for all functions as a test to eliminate the stick. I also ohmed all wires to make sure they were not bad. If you can replicate it with the stick and jump the pins and it works fine you know it is the stick. It is probably just the circut board and you can repalce just that

11. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

will it do it all the time ? i can let you plug into my controller to rule it out if you want?

12. capecodkenny

from capecod

no it only does it sometimes. you being from the cape must know rpm he says it is not the fish stick, i was going to buy one he said to save my money. i'll bring it to him next week for a possible wiring short.

13. no lead

find someone with a different control and plug it in to your truck. joystick or handheld, both will work. shorted wire is possible, but i would try the free route first.