1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who can answer this ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by capecodkenny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. capecodkenny

capecodkenny Junior Member
    from capecod

WHO CAN ANSWER THIS ? i have a 2003 fisher mm2 HD that every now and then keeps jerking right when i'm trying to angle left ( i use a fish stick) if i try going right with it while its doing it its no problem. i tried jiggling plugs the other night but that did not work. i've asked the 2 places that have serviced my plow and they say they haven't heard of that problem. they both said bring it in when its doing it but thats usually at 3:00 am. i know sooner or later i will get stuck angled right and not be able to do what i have to do. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. THANKS, KENNY CAPE COD MA.
  2. aman804

aman804 Junior Member

It may be your controller, I just had the same problem but it was getting stuck in the right mode. If you have access to differnt controller, try it for a storm or try taking it apart and cleaning the circut board. If you do need a new controller it's cheaper to buy just the circut board, compared to the whole thing wich goes around $300
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Definitely controller
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking a cartridge
  5. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I got your hookup for a circuit board. LMK.
  6. ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976 Junior Member

Mine got stuck in the right position during the last storm. Took it in to the service shop and the cross over valve needed attention. Worked fine testing in the parking lot...but one i got it home it took a dump and got stuck right again. It would jerk right very briefly and then go in the intended direction. Currently stuck right and waiting for the service shop to open at 630am. Only difference is I'm using the joystick...could mine also be the stick box?
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Yes it could be, try using someone elses controller if you possibly can for awhile and see if that makes a difference. However, if that is not the case then check your connections into your iso module to make sure they are tight and also check your plugs for corrosion.
  8. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

it sounds like a bad fishstick, had almost identical problem and it was a a bad fishstick.
  9. antanddom

antanddom Member

I'm having the same problem right now let me know on this post how you make out. I have a post here now called MM1 problem again
  10. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

That sounds like a old time clasic.. popet relief valve .. or the harness has a bad wire on the plow side to the cartridges.. Or corrision.. on the same harness... (it would be the three prong harness) rarely the control is intermintent.. (it can be but rare) Could also be a sticky cartridge ( again rare).. or the worst case metal filing in the cartidge from a pump being worn.( again rare if it only happens one way) If the plow always moves but is jerky it is a popet valve 100%
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  11. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I just had a bad nine pin plug as well and that did about the same thing. I would go to turn left and the plow would lift up then plop back down. All other functions worked fine. For the first two plowings this year I just wiggled the plug and it was fine. I thought it was just too much grease or corrosion so didn't think much of it. It turned out I had two wires broke off right behind the truckside nine pin plug.
  12. plowinginma

from MA

the truck side is more rare they are usually mounted.. so they don't move as much.. however if you plug the 2 cables together for storage it does see the same amount of wear.. if not more because of heat cycle's with engine and summer.. some times the wire can be broken but if twisted a certain way can make contact.. a clasic intermitent problem..
  13. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I had one that would all of a sudden just drop down for no reason. It was the stic
  14. plowinginma

from MA

not to say that the control does not go bad... it most certainly can.. however I have seen many people buy a control and only have there plow in the service line because it did not fix there problem...Intermitent problems are definately the hardest to fix.. hard to fix something that is not broken!!