1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who builds/rebuilds Whelen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ServiceOnSite, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

I have 2 light bars sitting on my shelf that i bought some time ago and did nothing with. I took apart the end caps and a few other things, got side tracked and put them in boxes and havent touched them for a few years. I have seen other on this site with some different option added to these style light bars and just wondering who i should send it out to?

This is the style

2. George C

George C Senior Member

I think you can do it yourself.
    I ordered a Whelen Mini Liberty II, and added the center four LEDS myself. Comes apart easy, and the electrical plugs were already inside and wired. Just snap the new lights in, plug them in and close it back up. Took all of ten minutes.
  3. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, don't own any whelen, I do know the federals are designed to be repaired on site. They are very simple and you can test them with a jump box before installing.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

It might be easy but just something that i dont want to get into. Also i would like to add a couple led lights to it, and if it goes to someone that does it on a regular basis, i think it would be a better product than if i did it.
  5. George C

George C Senior Member

Don't sell yourself short.
    It's probably a LOT easier than you think.
  6. RS Fabrication

RS Fabrication Junior Member
    from MA/NH

I'm a new member on here but have been a long time member on Garage Journal. I've been dealing with rebuilding lights for 4 years now. Its real simple to do. For the lightbars you have a separate harness would have to be made for the leds. Whelen does make leds that fit in the Edge/Patriot frames but I've done custom inserts and have used Feniex Leds along with others.
    Thanks, Ryan - RS Fabrication