1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

who are the biggest worldwide companys

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snowplowpro, Sep 23, 2010.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

who are the biggest landscape and snow removal companys worldwide
  2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

ISS World
    Aramark Services
    General Dynamics
  3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

you forgot grandview:laughing:
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

ValleyCrest, somehow.
  5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Valley Crest while being unique doesn't fall into the worldwide category yet. Grandview has a worldwide following but there is only so much ground you can cover in a 1983 K10 and be home in time to post on Plowsite
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Trugreen is ServiceMaster and ValleyCrest in most definitely international. they're building some kind of animal park in Dubai.
  7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

You forgot SIMA.
  8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Sima does snow plowing?
  9. Grassman09

How else does one know so much about the industry? Practice what you (they) preach. Doesn't a preacher preach?
  10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

SIMA dosn't do snow removal, they teach others about it. Also I think they are only in Wisconsin and travel to teach others. Actaully I don't think they teach much, I believe they usually bring in someone with many years expirenece and sima cordinates it all.
  11. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

SIMA is a trade association. The primary purpose of SIMA is to educate the membership and make the industry more professional. They are not a snow removal contractor.

Anyone who wishes to become a better, more efficient, and more profitable business owner/manager should join. SIMA does not bring work to you. SIMA offers a wide range of educational opportunities that provide tools for you to use each and every day in your business. These tools give you an advantage over your competition in many ways.

By seeing some of the replies on here, it is clear that people who don't understand what SIMA is and does should call the SIMA office and ask questions. You are encoraged to join if you are looking to make your business better or if you are looking to grow your business.
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

ROFLMAO :laughing::laughing::laughing:
  13. Grassman09

Do you have a 1-800 number that works from Canada or can i call collect? Where is the supporting evidence of this?
  14. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I'm evidence of it. I was so hesitant to join just because I didn't see the point of dropping a couple hundred bucks on a membership. But, looking back I don't know why I didn't join sooner. I mean I have learned a lot through the association that I would not have known otherwise and in the short several months I've been a member, I have seen my business practices improve greatly due to the resources and education they provide.

I had a meeting with my insurance company yesterday and they were even impressed with some of the new practices I've put into place which were all learned from SIMA resources.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  15. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You've hear the saying "those who can't do, teach"? :laughing:
  16. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

Perhaps you should simply call the SIMA office and inquire about what we/they have to offer. The office is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but we/they assist members located in the US and Canada.

I have been a member since 1997. I have served on several committees and currently serve on the Board of Directors. It is our job and the job of the SIMA staff to assist folks like you who want to learn more about the business and, in the process, become more efficient and more profitable. SIMA is a group of snow plow professionals who learn from each other through a number of educational sessions that are offered each year as well as the annual Symposium. The SIMA staff facilitates the daily undertaking of the association and take their direction from the Executive Director who takes his direction from the Board.

In addition,the networking amongst your fellow snow professionals provides a forum where information is typically exchanged freely. The amount of knowledge gained from this networking can't be measured in dollars and cents.

You may wish to call the SIMA office. The phone number is 414-375-1940. Or you may wish to call a few of our Candaian members, some I work closely with on the Board of Directors.

I would be interested to hear your feedback after you have called the SIMA office to see if your viewpoints have changed at all. If not, I would like to hear why. Perhaps we should ask what we could do to interest you.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  17. Grassman09

I was a member for a year. The build a bid workshops were in the US. I wasn't willing to travel. Only the CSP exam has recently shown up here.

Who is it that you work with in Ontario that you work closely with?

Why was I partnered with someone is B.C. and not closer to me? Is there a fear that I will have learned so much that I may take away contracts from my buddy?

Why doesn't sima call me if they want my business? You have my #.
    Why do you hide behind a vague name of CSP#1 and not tell your real name and what does csp #1 mean?

PM me if you like or are interested in proving me wrong.

18. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I am a proponent of SIMA as well, the can offer valuable information and good contacts. How did we end up as this being a SIMA post, if all the SIMA members pooled their revenue as under one name it might be interesting to see where we compare to the big names who aren't members. GIE media does a top 100 snow contractors list every year, I think it comes out in October, that should offer a clue, but my guess is that for everyone who reports to GIE, or who is a member of SIMA theres probably 4-5 companies rivaling the revenue numbers that actaully get reported.
  19. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Welcome to 1998. Not in the landscaping industry, are you?

20. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

He's not hiding from anyone. He's a reputable player in the Detroit market.