1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who all is going to have a white christmas?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by show-n-go, Dec 23, 2009.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Early in the week they were saying that we were going to have one but the closer we get the less it looks like we will have anything but rain.....

I hope to be plowing on christmas night but i don't think santa has it in the cards for me this year.

How about you guy's?

Merry Christmas everyone

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Its white here now, but only have a few inches left on the ground. Suppost to have fz rain tomorrow evening then changing to rain overnight into Chirstmas morning, so it may become brown around here :( Christmas night it is suppost to turn to snow with lake effect through the weekend, so hopfully we can get a few pushes in this weekend!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :redbouncepurplebou

3. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Looking like it's going to be clear and sunny here in Nova Scotia, Canada.

4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Well the snowman in the frontyard is about the only snow we have left, & he doesn't look like he's doing to good.
    They are calling for a mix of freezing rain then all rain for Christmas day, that doesn't make me happy:(

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

We will have a white Christmas here, However freezin rain coming in for Boxing day maybe will change to rain. A Real Fine Mess.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Does "old" snow count?

7. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

Still have 12-14 inches in most areas around here, they are calling for freezing rain changing to just rain on Christmas day. I personally think that they are wrong and it is going to be another few inches on the ground.

8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

White Christmas

Got around 5" last night and today so It's looking good! :drinkup:

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Got about 3 on the ground here, but with temps in the 40's and rain, it will be nothing but a muddy christmas here. :cry: Gettin pretty used to it though. Been a long while since I have seen a white christmas here

10. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

12-20 over the next 2.5 days

11. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah its WHITE now, got about 4 - 6" today (last night), but the forecast is rain on Friday

Merry Christmas ! :waving:

12. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the white is going to hold out here....we had some on the ground, we were supposed to get less than a half inch tonight, but now its 2-4'', some rain on christmas eve, but then snow again christmas night.

13. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

snow

They are saying 15-22 in. by friday night plus 25-35 mph winds not good.

14. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I have snow on the ground. The weatherman still is unsure if it is going to rain or snow yet. Yesterday he said 6-10" of snow over Christmas and today he said 2-4" of slush over Christmas...lol. I am sure it will change before it is over, just hoping it is more snow than rain.

Matt

15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

its supposed to rain here. Blah