1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Who all have Walk-Behind Salt Spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CJsSnowplowing, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Hello looking for an extra one. For the extra help.
    We have 1 now due to the red 1s broke.
    The one we have is Buyers Walk-Behind Salt Spreader. plastic rim broke when it was very cold. Good thing was under warranty. Took http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200324761_200324761 from 01-03-2010 to today 01-12-2010 for the part to come in.
    Please post brand name, model, & picture
    http://www.plowsite.com/picture.php?albumid=450&pictureid=3671
    [​IMG]
    New by adding picture from where they are located

2. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

We have two of the one you pictured and they work good enough for the price. There is a larger drop one that has been discussed on here for about $1,000 that I would like to pick up in the future. I'm not sure of the name tho I'm sure someone will chime in with it.

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

4. coral

coral Senior Member

i have got one of the ones you show, and a snow way version, it was twice the money, and not worth it..... i tend to think that most tools these days are built to throw away after a while, so i would buy one that functions and is not to over priced. i dont have the patience to fix them, just toss and buy new.... JMO

5. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

iv had hard time spreading certian larger salts thru the lescos... ( i do use them for lawn fert tho)

7. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I have the salt dogg, works good. Halite salt works the best w/ it

8. Going Commercial

Going Commercial Member

I currently use an Agri-Fab 100lb spreader and it has been good. It is about 10 yrs old and this is my second yr using it for salt and ice melt. I believe they are selling on line for about $160. I will be needing an additional spreader and have looked and researched many. I have heard pretty good things about the Snowex spreader but will not spend $450 on this type of spreader that limits you to spread salt or ice melt only and not fertilizers. That said, I will buy either a Spyker or a Big Foot (made by Prizelawn) in a stainless frame version. Both are very high quality spreaders made to handle fertilizers and ice products. I had a Spyker before but lent it to a friend and it got crushed on his trailer because he forgot to tie down his heavy mowers. I should have made him replace it but I did not. Hope this helps!

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I have a blue Earthway High Output spreader. It works pretty good with bulk salt. I paid $100 for it, and I got to use it once when my truck was down. It worked and saved me. Not sure how long it will last, but for the price it's pretty good.

10. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Have used one from member here.

It red earthway spreaders.

I would say not for commercial. It kind weak it would snap plastic if it in real cold outside.

Lesco that I check with member. It look strudy. Stainless steel and look heavy duty.

$400 seem to rip off while we could made under $150 for heavy duty.

11. They both made by Buyer. I am getting a lot of use out of mine.
    Some customers want a thin coat about 100lbs. They call me a 4 hours later to do again.
    Some customers want a thick coat about 300 Lbs. Last all day til next morning.

12. 05 superduty

05 superduty Member
    from NJ

I used to buy earthway but we kept breaking them. We switched to spyker and they are alot more durable than most i've seen

13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I know it's an older thread, but I'll throw in a vote for the Meyer Hotshot HD. All stainless frame, pneumatic tires, etc. Very nice spreader, we use them in the summer for fert as well.

14. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

those meyer push cart salters look nice, may have to stop by the local dealership

15. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have the blue salt blaster also. Did me very well last year and not very rusted. I sprayed it all down with fluid film and it is good to go.