1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

white xmas for northeast?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mickman, Dec 19, 2001.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Looks like a good chance for snow coming in xmas eve for the northeast. finally the artic air will move into northeast and mid atlantic by this weekend. Storm will be coming together over weekend. What could be a better present! Maybe, there really is a SANTA CLAUSE !

2. DEISL

DEISL Member

McMAN,I GOT MY HEADDRESS ON AND WARPAINT hows about a lil snowdance?I m curious to see all the new toys get pulled out,Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know, the sources I checked with may as well use a magic eight-ball to figure what its going to do...one day predicts rain, next snow, then has the storm heading out to sea...I'm sure that somebody will get something thats for sure.

4. DEISL

DEISL Member

Did ANYONE get hammered last March 4th 3-4 ft was predicted here and we got 3/4".

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Do a search (however I have no idea what term to use LOL Can we search by dates??) We had a few threads lamenting that storm :(

Latest from Gary Gray as of 12\19 6AM (referring to MidAtlantic & Northeast):

"At this point, for lack of anything better, I'll stick with the GEM/06Z AVN solution and keep this coastal low, resulting from that shortwave, offshore. However, note that this is still several days away and the models are virtually NEVER perfect with storm tracks this far out... never mind the fact that the models have been in a sorry state lately. So, we need to watch this very closely. While my forecast goes AGAINST a snow event for the Northeast Dec 24-26, it remains a possibility... even with the primary low now projected to run up through the Central U.S. "

7. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

snow on x-mas eve?

boy i hope so. I've goy my santa suit ready to wear if it snows on x-mas eve..

8. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I give up on snow for this year, it's not gping to snow. I don't even know why I bother putting my plow frame on my truck. :confused: :(

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

That's the only day I hope it doesn't snow, I've got a full day of cooking and family scheduled.

10. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

now that we are in the last week of the year it will definately snow....just in time to complicate the books again before we close them for 2001, i hate it when there are accounts recievable over the year change,,........i guess i could have much worse problems

11. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Gees

first you guys want snow, now you want to pick when it comes.

Come on you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Geoff:rolleyes:

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Geoff I here you will be getting more tomorrow night. I think that should exclude you from the rest of us who are still waiting.:D

13. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

one night i hear its going to snow the next i hear that its going to rain! so who knows! i hope it snows, dont care when it is, of course i would prefer it not to snow early evening of christmas eve nor early morning christmas day, but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

14. DEISL

DEISL Member

I hope it snows sleets ices for 3 days, i could care less,the more the merrier$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited: Dec 20, 2001
  15. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member