1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

white truck/Blizzard plow?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

If I was to install a Blizzard Plow On a all White truck, would it be a good idea to put some kind of reflective tape on the mold board, or will I be ok
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Why ? There has been talk about visability of blizzard plows here before. I really don't think it is that big of an issue what color the plow is. Once your plowing snow dust covers everything and the reflective tape or any other color is covered up. Red and yellow plows become white ! Some guys paint the back side of their plow to deal with a reflection from their head lights but I have never personally had a problem with white paint. Again a little snow and any reflection is long gone. My insurance guy has never asked what color my rig is but he did ask if we used warning lights !!! I don't think color matters too much as most plowing is done in the dark. Just my .02 Good luck ,shaun
  3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

ummm ... i run 3 blizzard 810's on 3 FULLY white trucks. Never had a problem and never thought it would be an issue.

4. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I was just worried about driving around that people might not notice the big white blade on the frt:drinkup:
  5. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

They have red on the edges. Never been an issue for me. Just dress your truck up like a christmas tree and you'll be ok. :drinkup:
  6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

really nice setup!!
    I actually like the white with white.
    a white truck with no plow and a white truck with a white plow im not sure i see a difference. Either way its all white.
    ditto on making sure your lighted. :)
  7. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

thanks. that truck has a whelen mini liberty and 4 corner strobes (xmas tree it is). I will post some pics of the other two 08' when I have them finished and set up. Maybe even some fleet pics would look cool. Ken