1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

White Snowblowers

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Dodge2, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

Can anyone tell me if White is a good make of snowblowers. I own a 2004 Murray 27" 8 hp snow blower right now and it has gone through a lot of commercial work and still works like new, but i need another snowblower for a different location and for a back up. I was thinking of the White 12-33LSW.
  2. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I bought a White about 15 years ago to use at my house (before I got into snowplowing) and I'm still using it today in my business. I don't use it every storm but I take it with me when I do roofs to clean up with. Since I bought it, the only repair work has been a new carburetor last year and I replaced the plastic piece that routes the wires for adjusting the chute. Technically, the carburetor was an engine issue and that was only because it sat unused for about 4 years.
  3. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

Any more comments? What about the plastic chute, are they as good as the metal ones.
  4. shop22

shop22 Junior Member
    from ny

plastic chute will not hold up as good as metal chutes. The white brand is mtd made and it is what it is for the money. Check into simplicity or honda or ariens if you'd like something a little more common to work on.
  5. CruZer

CruZer Junior Member

AND a lot more Heavy Duty. My 2 cents.
  6. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

Have one 4 yrs now, still starts on 1st crank... ate a steel shovel popped 2 pins and blew tranny, but the darn thing never stalled.. so yeah tuff lol.... glad warranty didn't see shovel ha ha
  7. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

thank you for all the input, I am going to see if i can buy one in the spring/summer because everyone around here has sold all the "good ones" in the summer, and don't expect any till next season .