1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

white smoke

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by texdiesel, Jan 30, 2005.

1. texdiesel

texdiesel Junior Member
    from texas

The other day when I cranked my 2000 F350 up it died. I restarted it and began driving and noticed when I started from a dead stop in first gear, a puff of white smoke was coming out of the exhaust. This only happened when the clutch engaged the first gear and only four times. After that it ran as normal. Anyone have ideas on what caused this?

2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Diesel or gas? Check radiator for steady air bubbles. Possible head gasket leak.

3. texdiesel

texdiesel Junior Member
    from texas

Repo Man62 I have a diesel with 84,000 miles on it. I had a friend tell me that it could be the cam sensor going bad. Do you know if this could be the prob. Thanks for any info you might have

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Is check eng light on?

5. texdiesel

texdiesel Junior Member
    from texas

Repo Man62, no there are not any warning lights on, it doesnt spudder and I have not had a loss of any power or acceleration. Everything is the same except for those few puffs of white smoke

6. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I'm thinking MAYBE beginning turbo problems or water in fuel.
    9-2-2000 see chevy truck discussion...smoke from tailpipe

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005