1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

White night

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by T&M Snowplowing, Jan 3, 2007.

1. T&M Snowplowing

T&M Snowplowing Junior Member

Hi guys,

This is my First year plowing commercial properties. I'm wondering if anyone uses "White Night" backup lights? I want to put on additional lighting , saw this product and was wondering if you "professionals" have any in site regarding them.

2. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

White Night's

Hey T&M, I have the White Night fixed mount lights on my GMC, I absolutely love them. The nice thing is you've got 130,000 candlepower pointing out back, you can really see a lot behind you. The fixed mount gives you full use of the trailer hitch too. There's a 3 way toggle switch on the back of the unit that allows you to turn it on, center off, or reverse only.The only bad thing is the switch faces toward the front of the truck, so it gets splashed with all the salt water and other grime. I would recommend them to anyone. Depending on your truck, you may need a trailer wire plug relocator bracket.

www.whitenight.com

whitenight.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  3. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

I use those as well. Very bright.
    I did order the special wiring adaptor that plugs directly into the 7pin harness.
    It makes is easier to remove the light when not in use.

Scott

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

where did you order the adapter from? ide be interested in that!!! thanks!!

5. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

I ordered it directly from company. The phone number is one their website somewhere.
    Took only a few days to get it.

Here is a link to the adapter.
    http://www.whitenight.com/0004149.htm

Because I have a chevy I also had to get the trailer relocation bracket. (only about $9.00)

Scott

6. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

mcwlandscaping, I got my light and bracket from Summit Racing. Had mine for a couple years now, I think you can still get it from there. If not, JC Whitney has it for sure. Just remember, don't forget the relocator bracket if your truck needs it.

Summit Racing
    1-800-230-3030

JC Whitney
    1-800-603-4383

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i bought a set of them this summer, and just got around to puting them on today, and i must say these lights are bright, they are angled perfect, i have had alot of diffrent combos of back up lights on ym trucks before, and these pretty much top them all.

here are some pics which kinda suck but you get the point.

with them off.
    [​IMG]
    same abgle with them on.
    [​IMG]
    back view.
    [​IMG]
    horrible pic looking through the drivers mirror
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pic from inside looking back with tailgate down.
    [​IMG]

9. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

.T&M Snowplowing - I have some white knight lights on my H2 but I haven't used them yet because it hasn't snowed here. Like the others said they are very bright. Also, I have the adaptor that plugs in. MCWlandscaping - I found them on Sears website under automotive accessories-auto safety. Tim975 - Did you do anything to the back to keep the salt out?

10. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Snow&mow, the spinner shield was way too small in my opinion for the salt spreader I had (I had the Buyer's TGSUVPRO Spreader). As funny as it sounds, I bought two diamondplate aluminum dually mudflaps, bent them at an angle much like the stock spinner shield and bolted them to the back of the spreader frame. That pretty much cured my problem. If you would like a pic, let me know and I'll send you one.

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

thoes things look nice, but seriously they would last about one week on our work truck. the first time i'd hook a trailer up they would get smashed in buy the hitch.

12. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Tim 975 - Nice fab job. I don't have a spreader but I was thinking of putting something on the back of the white night unit to keep stuff out of there.

13. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Snow&mow, it says on their website "when installing your White Night light unit, take a moment to check and see if the backside (closest to rear axle) of your hitch tube is open or closed. If it is closed that's great! If it is open you will need to close it off and seal it with RTV silicone sealant. Open hitch tubes allow water and salt spray during winter months to pass into the light unit. This can cause corrosion problems within the unit." You may want to put a small bead of RTV around the backside where the lamp assembly snaps on in back of the unit as well.

14. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Tim975 - My mount is different from yours. I want to take some pictures so you can see my setup.

15. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Tim975-I finally got some pictures of the White Nights. The back of the unit is open and I would like to cover it up.

16. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Maybe it would help if I attach the photos.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  17. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Here is the picture.

DCP_1320.jpg

18. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Mow&Snow, that looks really good, I like the way you have it mounted under the bumper, and still have full use of the hitch.

19. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

While I think the white nights are great and are a good deal for the money, they are easy to steal and rip off the truck.

Had two sets ripped off the truck while parked in a lot. At $80 a piece, elected to go with the KC back up lights this time. Easy install (not as easy as the WN's) and they provide better light.

The KC's are about $100.

20. Focker

Focker Member

Sorry to hear about yours getting stolen, it just sucks when you cant keep anything nice cuz some jackass will just take it!! I absolutely love my White Night lights, they are super bright!