1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

White Night not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by thomas_e102, Jan 6, 2010.

1. thomas_e102

thomas_e102 Member

I just got a White Night back up lights w/ the 7pin hook up to the trucks 7 pin. It is not working at all. The truck is a 2008 1500. What should I be looking for? Truck pulled a trailer with no light problems the other day and all the fuse are good.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

check and see if it will pull a trailer good now, did you hook up your trailer to a 4 flat or do you just have the 7 round?

3. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Does the trailer have reverse lights - most don't? Check to make sure that the trailer reverse fuse is in place and good - should be in the underhood fuse box. You can use a multimeter or test light to make sure you're getting juice to the reverse feed on the 7 pin (its the middle post). Not sure how that light is wired, but I've seen some that don't use the ground feed in the 7 pin and assume that the connection in the hitch itself is good enough, and it often isn't.